Hiner problem # 13. Force per rafter, anchorage

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

passpepasspe

Reaction score
I am having trouble with Hiner Problem # 13. Basically trying to figure out where are these sections in the ASCE and IBC books..

Where are the equations that are shown in the solution for the force per rafter Rt ??

I can't seem to find them for either the Strength design or stress design.. any help is appreciated!!

I am having trouble with Hiner Problem # 13. Basically trying to figure out where are these sections in the ASCE and IBC books..
Where are the equations that are shown in the solution for the force per rafter Rt ??

I can't seem to find them for either the Strength design or stress design.. any help is appreciated!!
What specific part of the problem is giving you difficulty? The solution points to the specifc ASCE code where you would find the equations to check the loading (page 133 of the ASCE 7-05).

Last edited by a moderator:
they used ASCE 7 eqn. 12.11-1 which is listed in Hiner Pg. 1-79

Also, have you solved Problem #15 from Hiner? I don't understand how they calculated the roof diaphragm nailing? How did they get 6" o.c. edges spacing for the 15/32" WSP shearing. and how they do know it unblocked? I did not see this listed anywhere in the problem.

Thanks!

Back