High water

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually grew up in an area that was prone to flooding... I thought that flood dams, levees, berms, flood walls and flood gates across the road were normal until I moved away. The last few springs have been brutal there, back in 2011 the water breached pretty much every measure in place. In the bottom photo you can see where one of the levees is near the golf course which is usually the thing that is impacted most. Lots of sports fields down by the river, lol. This is just south/west of the confluence of the Susquehanna and Chenango Riviers.

JC-HomeDepot-Ollies-201-looking-southeast.jpg_BIM.jpg

JC-Levee-Home-Depot-Power-Plant-201-Bridge-looking-South.jpg_BIM.jpg

I know exactly what you are talking bout. Norther NJ is full of flood-prone areas.

la-na-0830-irene04.jpg

Wayne, NJ (2012)

la-na-0830-irene07.jpg

Wayne, NJ (2012)

AP-shopping-center-flooded.jpg

Pequannock, NJ (2012)

You get the point

It looks like they're forecasting the river to peak tonight up here and sometime tomorrow down there.

^ should read: "SAPPER - Bad A$$ Covert CIA Agent."

Meanwhile, the record flooding in Muskegon, MI continues. This follows the snow melt plus 6" of rain over the weekend:

-28de7e8f1db6a06b.jpg

-d3e3ad721bf85f9d.jpg

-b0890a7cfe40540a.jpg

But this remains my all-time favorite flood picture (from downtown Grand Rapids, MI last spring):

-974b6be1c96f0c62.JPG

Here's some more flooding from Michigan, going on this week. Flooded one of our substations (as you can see in the video) so we had to install a mobile sub to pick up the customers.

Back