Hey

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVUengr

Reaction score
Im a grad of WVU now living in the south after working in DC for a year for a GC and for 3 years in NJ for a private consulting civil firm. I luckly saw the market starting to turn and decided that last summer was the time to go get a pension and I started working for the State.

I am taking the Oct. 08 exam and I am leaning towards the Constr. depth but time will tell.

I'm in NC. You are definitely in a better place. The economy in NC is not a bad as in many parts of the country. Good luck. And welcome!

Welcome !!! Smart move on the pension. I still work for the private sector. My company did away with our pensions and retirement a few years ago. All I have to rely on now is my 401k. The things that keep me at my job (note that I said job; it's no longer a career) are the flexibility (get to work from home sometimes and flexible hours), vacation time (get a whole bunch of hours each month due to my service years), and the pay. If I'm ever let go, I'm definitely looking into a government job with a good pension.

Back