Help - I'm a lazy man

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TouchDown

Is it Friday yet?
Reaction score
My wife's birthday is Tuesday. She's going on a "shopping" trip with a bunch of her girlfriends on Saturday.

I have all 3 kiddos by myself on Saturday. Figure we'll do some painting of pictures for the birthday / making of cards, etc...

I'm just absolutely stumped on what to get her for her birthday. And, since she's going to have "guilt free" spending (I won't be along with her)... although she is pretty responsible... this weekend, how much should I spend on a gift.

1. Ideas on a good gift in the $100 range?

2. How much do you spend on your spouse's birthday?

3. How much beer can you consume when you're responsible for the kids?

1. Ideas on a good gift in the $100 range?2. How much do you spend on your spouse's birthday?

1) Day pass at a good day spa/massage/nails

2) will spend $6k on my wife's boob job in June (but it also covers xmas, anniversary, and my xmas, bday)...

3) I try to limit it to about a beer every 45 minutes. Any more than that I get frustrated and/or unproductive easily, any less the beer starts to get warm before I'm done.

1. Ideas on a good gift in the $100 range?2. How much do you spend on your spouse's birthday?

1. $100 bill

2. Depends...

3. Yet another reason we don't have kids.

1. Message and clean the bathroom.

2. I got her a kindle this year, but we don't do christmas presents so I can justify.

3. 3-5 in a 3-6 hr duration though if I had 3 kids that number may vary...

1. Beer of the Month Club subscription

2. $0 HA-HA-HA-HA!!!! (Or $150,000 depending on how you look at it)

3. One per child per hour

I'm horrible at gifts, but since my wife works a lot of weekend and I babysit a lot, I think its fair to drink as much beer as you can!

1) gift certificate to a local restaurant

2) depends if there's something she's been strongly hinting for

3) one beer per hour per kid (more if they're fighting/screaming)

if she's going aon a shopping spree for her birthday, give her some cash for a present so she can spend it on whatever she wants.

1) gift certificate to a local restaurant2) depends if there's something she's been strongly hinting for

3) one beer per hour per kid (more if they're fighting/screaming)

if she's going aon a shopping spree for her birthday, give her some cash for a present so she can spend it on whatever she wants.
That's honestly where I'm leaning. I just don't want her to think I'm lazy and don't care. I'm lazy and I do care - there is a difference.

1. All depends on what she likes. My wife likes wine and jewlery. Luckily its expensive wine and inexpensive jewelery, not the other way around!

2. I think $50-100 is ok personally. She has all my money anyway, so what does it matter how much the birthday gift is?

3. Enough to keep you sane, but not so much that either the kids get hurt or you pass out. I like the 1 per kid per hour thing... with my 3 kids I'd be drunk fast!

1. Lingerie

2. I spent $300 on her 30th birthday present. I bought her a bicycle and thought the 30th birthday was special so I spent a lot more than I typically do, which is usually $100 or so.

3. I don't, not until after they're asleep. Sometimes I'll have a beer while I'm cooking dinner, but that's about it.

1) Vasectomy for her, you got 3 kids already

2) Invite the grandmas over to have the "Kids" make her something special

3) No beer for now, just a pile of take out for everyone so you can leave the kitchen without dirty dishes.

Dexman did not tell the whole truth, the boob job is for him too.

After the Vasectomy, you can drink all the beer you want, and she will probobly bring it to you ice cold, heck ask her for a keg party.

Dexman did not tell the whole truth, the boob job is for him too.
Yes I did. :D

1) Day pass at a good day spa/massage/nails2) will spend $6k on my wife's boob job in June (but it also covers xmas, anniversary, and my xmas, bday)...

3) I try to limit it to about a beer every 45 minutes. Any more than that I get frustrated and/or unproductive easily, any less the beer starts to get warm before I'm done.

Sounds to me like she's getting exactly what she wanted - a shopping spree with her friends. ALl you need to do is feed her a little money. Wrap up some cash (your choice how much) in a very nicely wrapped little box, and then tell her to go have fun, you have it all under control.

1) Go to Redenvelope.com or brookstone.com... I did some nice theme gifts for under $100 (a bunch of those hot/cold pads and a book from amazon called 'If you give a mom a martini' or something like that about relaxing... relaxation theme)

2) Generally we don't buy gifts for each other since it more about the kids, etc., but we are usually under $100 unless we feel like splurging... I have gotten my wife some major bling and in return I have gotten a really nice Movado watch and Coach wallet

3) Depends on a) your tolerance and B) do any of the kids nap.... As a rule, when it is Daddy Day Care (especially if my wife is at a conference) I don't drink until at least dinner time, but a couple during the day is okay...

I'm 20 or so minutes from a hospital, and 30 to the Children's hospital. When I'm watching my daughter, I want to know I have the full ability to get her somewhere fast if need be.

For this reason, my wife and I haven't had a drink together in two years.

Back