Hello from TX

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

virde

Reaction score
Hello!!! I figured that I should visit this board to see what do other engineers do. I just passed my April 2012 Fundamentals of Engineering, Electrical exam with 80%. I took this exam for the first time; well, I registered the second time in Texas, because when I registered in NJ two years ago, they cancelled my application saying I do not have any recommendations, so I couldn't take this test two years ago. I don't even know why I need recommendation letters for that.

I graduated with a BS in 1998 but I continued my education with a PhD in EE and finished in 2008. Quite frankly a lot of stuff I studied back in college was vague to me except for a few known subjects, so I thought I couldn't make it. I ended up taking the 9 days preparation from eitexperts, the ppi exam cafe, and using a couple of other books. Believe it or not, I only spent less than 2 weeks of time preparing for the FE exam, and about 2 days to prepare for the afternoon exam, and I was surprised that I passed. I even took one week off from my current work as a software developer. I'm so happy that this worked out pretty well, and I don't need to retake this exam in October.

Are there any recommendations what I should do with my EIT certificate? Right now, I'm working as a software developer, so basically there isn't anyone with a PE around me, so taking the principle and practice exam in 4 years will be impossible for me. Another thing that caught my interest is the "Software Engineering" in the PE test by next year; I wonder what would that test be like.

Back