Hello, any one in Arizona?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teda

Reaction score
Hello, any one in Arizona? What is the difference for PE-civil and PE-structural in Arizona? I am looking at a 5 story building job and wondering whether a PE-structural license will be required or not in Arizona. Many thanks!

Hello, any one in Arizona? What is the difference for PE-civil and PE-structural in Arizona? I am looking at a 5 story building job and wondering whether a PE-structural license will be required or not in Arizona. Many thanks!

I'm not in Arizona, but I'm sure the requirment is based on use, occupancy. The type of building determines which engineer is required. What is the building use?

WoodSlinger, thanks for the message, however I reviewed their Board website and did not see the project limitations for PE-civil. I do have SE in Nevada and think I can get PE-structural in Arizona without new exam. But I do not want to pay extra fee for it unless necessary since I am already PE-civil in Arizona. Where did you see the requirements are based on use, occupancy?

I'm not in Arizona, but I'm sure the requirment is based on use, occupancy. The type of building determines which engineer is required. What is the building use?

WoodSlinger, thanks for the message, however I reviewed their Board website and did not see the project limitations for PE-civil. I do have SE in Nevada and think I can get PE-structural in Arizona without new exam. But I do not want to pay extra fee for it unless necessary since I am already PE-civil in Arizona. Where did you see the requirements are based on use, occupancy?

It's more of an assumption based upon my understanding of the requirements in California. Arizona must have some definition of the requirement in their statutes, etc. For example, Nebraska has a seperate structural designation, but they state in their statutes that a civil pe can seal structural documents if that is their area of expertise and the client does not object.

I'm afraid I'm not a lot of help here for you.

Per my research so far, there is no project limitation between PE-civil and PE-structural in Arizona. It is just title……

Back