Happy Earth Day

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt267 PE

"1000000 warning points" Club Member
Reaction score
d5fc9b91c95dc5d4d7edc2056f4ee206.jpg

THe earth is not delicate! It's already killed off an entire species of reptiles, moved all the continents away from each other to force isolationism, then it got pissed about that and then slammed the continents together again to create the mountains on the planet.. This thing we live on is not as fragile as we think and it will kill us all eventually one day and start all over again! I don't see why we give this killer its own day, it's like having a "black widow spider day"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mother Earth is experiencing a downturn- in 2014 only 22,000 people were killed by "natural disasters" but the average for the last 100 years is just under 100,000 people killed every year. Clearly not enough to make a dent, but enough to let everyone know who is he boss...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate that earth day is in April.  I want it to be on a warm summer day with bbq and beer.  

My gripe is that, if you are truly committed to Earth Day, then you should be willing to go to South Georgia and tell people to turn off their air conditioners one day in July, say around 4PM, when it really counts.

Turning off a light on a pretty spring day in April is meaningless.  Nothing controversial about that.  If you're serious, you should be willing to take an arse-wuppin, which is what you'll get in South Georgia if you turn off somebody's AC in July.

Back