Got my PE Certificate yesterday!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EdinNO

Got my cert yesterday in the mail. After someone mentioned that theirs was bent, I was worried. But, happily, the LA Board placed it in a cardboard type envelope. It looks nice. I'm gonna get it and my diploma (from 9 years ago) framed!

I might even have the chance to sign off on some documents with my PE license number at work this upcoming week!

Ed

Last edited:
Man, I told my wife I wanted to frame my PE cert and my diploma. I also have been wanting to frame a collage of pics from a mountain hiking trip I went on years ago. I figured $100 to $150 and all three could be done professionally at a local shop.

Get this, my wife had bought some off-the-shelf frames complete with matting and the works for her mom. Her mom couldn't use them. When I got home yesterday, she had used them for my PE cert and my diploma. They look AWESOME and guess how much? $7 each! I couldn't believe it. When she told me over the phone about it, I figured they would look cheesy. But I can hardly imagine a professional frame shop doing much better. And this cost a grand total of $14 (($7 each).

OF course, I still need to get the hiking pics framed.

I'll see if I can take pics and post them. I highly recommend going this route. You just can't beat it- unless maybe there is some method that guards against paper degradation and yellowing.

Ed

Weren't the Florida Wall Certificates supposed to be mailed out already? Anyone hear anything?

Rleon

Nothing here in Ohio yet either. I did get my "invitation" to some ceremony in Columbus on Sat. where they'll be presenting certificates. Gee, sorry I can't make the 2 hour drive up there, but hopefully that means certificates will be mailed out after that.

i'm in cleveland and i didn't like the whole driving to columbus thing for a picture and a handshake. but i called their office and the lady said that if you don't pick it up in columbus, you won't get them until september. and my company refuses to give me a raise until i have it in my hands. :brick:

The Wall Certificate Showed up today. Not sure what it looks like, the wife just called me to let me know.

:congrats: :beerchug

Good news!!!

By the way, does Florida not list you on their website and provide proof-positive towards the licensing even prior to you receiving the certificate? That's how it is in Louisiana. The cert is just a pretty wall decoration because all the official documentation is available on the web.

Anyway, congrats! Finally finality!

Ed

Without the wall certificate, the legit. companies would not sell a seal. I also could not incorporate without the wall certificate.

No biggie though, my first new pay check came today and I was shocked. :bow:

yeah!!!

Mail Man just showed up w/ my big-ass 11x17 in wall certificate...

I was kind of dissapointed by the wallet paper though... I thought it would look like and ID os something that nobody could fake, but I was wrong, it's just a piece of paper that I can photocopy and make it look the way I want...

anyway, they owe me nothing else and I have no more excuses for not making the kind of money I should... Congrats FL PE's :congrats:

I remember the P.E. ID cards being of the quality of a Florida D.L.

Anyone have any opinions on that? :huh:

Man, we didn't get any PE cards. We got the wall cert and then we got a bill for $120 for our license, due at the end of September. I'm not sure how long the license lasts, if its pro-rated or what. Maybe we'll get the waller PE card when we pay that bill.

Ed

CO gave us wallet cards on bonded paper, I think they would shred in the 2 yrs that they are valid. I put mine in the corner of the certificate wall frame so I remember to renew!

I remember that... at least a couple years ago it used to be like an ID, but I really don't know if they changed that or what is the procedure, because the piece of paper that they sent does not make the cut. :huh:

Just laminate the card so it'll last 2 years in the wallet, even if it gets wet. You'll be getting a new one in 2 yrs (FL guys) anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back