GMAT

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Techie_Junkie_PE_LEED_AP

PE, LEED AP, Ponderer of the abstract
Reaction score
I'm checking around to apply for MBA admission. My 9 credits from MS Engineering Management are 12 years old, so I guess I have to lose them and start over, so going for a MBA.

Any input?

Thanks.

I'm checking around to apply for MBA admission. My 9 credits from MS Engineering Management are 12 years old, so I guess I have to lose them and start over, so going for a MBA.
Any input?

Thanks.
I am going for both. Both have their strength and weaknesses.

Expect to blow the top out of the math and logical thinking portion of the GMAT, and unless you review some of your grammar and english skills, probably won't do as good. I did well enough to get pre-acceptance letters from some big time programs, but choosing to remain where I am since it is logistically easier for me. Also, I am getting several of the hours to count in both programs, and some of the coure MBA classes are being waived in the MBA program since they are counting in the MS Engineering Management program.

im taking it monday ill post back on how i do. my biggest problem so far is no freaking calculator. it was a cram session- im guessing with another month of studying id do a lot better.

I took it about 3 years ago. I found that the math is relatively easy. However, the test is all about time...and you can't use a calculator. The first time I took it, I knew how to solve every math problem, but did not have time to finish. Practice solving the problems, time yourself, and practice them without using a calculator.

I got some princeton review books, that helped me with the verbal section. That was the hardest section for me.

also took it about 4-5 years ago, the math is easy, but its almost too easy (like what was an integer again?) But dont make the mistake of not at least reviewing the math, because its stuff you most likely havent done since 8th or 9th grade.

To me this test is about useless in terms of judging wether or not you will do well in an MBA program, but such as it is...

also took it about 4-5 years ago, the math is easy, but its almost too easy (like what was an integer again?) But dont make the mistake of not at least reviewing the math, because its stuff you most likely havent done since 8th or 9th grade.
To me this test is about useless in terms of judging wether or not you will do well in an MBA program, but such as it is...
well math kicked my butt. i did better on verbal.. i ran out of time on the math. i havent done long division by hand for freaking ever. holy hell. i had to guess on the last 5. that didnt happen on any of the practice tests. i was not at all happy but did better than on any of the practice tests so that was good. still pissed about the math but what do you do huh? i got the interview so that was good.

man that one is biting me in the @$$.

My wife gave me a test once that they use to evaluate third graders. I was saying, "WTF is ordinal and who cares?" an awful lot.

just got my official scores back. my essays were scored at a 4.5. this is on a scale of 1-6 and then averaged, so im guessing a 4 and a 5. what a joke. i cant write- i cant remember what the questions were but especially the first one was hard. and i did better on the verbal than the analytical. uhh, really? im not really believing this test is worth a crap. i really dont understand what the analytical was testing but im probably just pissed bc i didnt get it.

just got my official scores back. my essays were scored at a 4.5. this is on a scale of 1-6 and then averaged, so im guessing a 4 and a 5. what a joke. i cant write- i cant remember what the questions were but especially the first one was hard. and i did better on the verbal than the analytical. uhh, really? im not really believing this test is worth a crap. i really dont understand what the analytical was testing but im probably just pissed bc i didnt get it.
I don't think any schools really care about those writing scores. I think that mainly they just look at your overall composite score and percentile ranking.

The problem with CAT tests is if you make a stupid mistake in the beginning, on the math for example, it is really hard to make it up at the end.

Back