Geotech Engineer (PE pending) seeking new Opportunity

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSteven

Reaction score
Mid level Geotech looking for work. Currently working in a reduced work week for a firm who I will not mention here but has no business doing Geotech and has shut every door on me. They also were bought out by a Capital Management firm and I'm not going to wait around to see if they survive or not as I've been patient enough... but thats all for the sob story.

Drexel grad living in the Philadelphia area with approximately 7 years of experience, sitting for the PE in the fall and I plan to pass. Relocation and/or practice in a new discipline are also options.

I know it's not the best time to be looking for a job, but the best time to find a job is when you're looking and you never know who could be reading these boards. Feel free to contact me if you want to see my resume.

-Jonathan

Go to USACE Site and take a look. Last time I looked they had a couple Civil Engineer/Geotech spots in Louisville on there and I was limiting my search to a few Districts. You can probably find more if you do a search nationwide.

Mid level Geotech looking for work. Currently working in a reduced work week for a firm who I will not mention here but has no business doing Geotech and has shut every door on me. They also were bought out by a Capital Management firm and I'm not going to wait around to see if they survive or not as I've been patient enough... but thats all for the sob story.
Drexel grad living in the Philadelphia area with approximately 7 years of experience, sitting for the PE in the fall and I plan to pass. Relocation and/or practice in a new discipline are also options.

I know it's not the best time to be looking for a job, but the best time to find a job is when you're looking and you never know who could be reading these boards. Feel free to contact me if you want to see my resume.

-Jonathan
Just a little bit of advice from an old timer. If I saw a resume or a cover letter that said "PE pending" and I found out the person hadn't even taken the exam yet, said resume or cover letter would probably be trashed.

Back