Geotech Afternoon

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teammike

Reaction score
Anyone else take the geotech afternoon? I thought the morning (which i was more worried about,) turned out to be fairly straightforward. The depth portion on the other hand was much harder than i anticipated. I didn't feel like I had prepared enough for the afternoon session. Anyone else in geotech get that vibe?

Anyone else take the geotech afternoon? I thought the morning (which i was more worried about,) turned out to be fairly straightforward. The depth portion on the other hand was much harder than i anticipated. I didn't feel like I had prepared enough for the afternoon session. Anyone else in geotech get that vibe?

Last edited by a moderator:

I got that vibe as well...some abstract questions being asked.

I had the same feeling. The morning was straightforward and easier than I thought. The afternoon Geotech frustrated me. I wasn't too worried about it going in, but I found a bunch of the questions were just out there.

I had the same feeling that many of you have expressed. I took the GeoTech in October10.

I felt like there were some unusual questions, particularly those that involved seismic loading. My guess is that those problems were given very low percentages. That is, you won't be penalized much for getting them incorrect.

Back