Georgia Results!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could be wrong, but I don't think they need board approval to release the results. At least I don't remember that being an obstacle in the past.

As best I can tell, there's some internal "thing" they have to do prior to release. IIRC it had to do with getting the computers to talk to each other. I'm a bit to busy today to go back into the old threads to figure it out what it was.

I think it is planned to drive up alcohol sales  in GA.  If I had the results I can celebrate or drink away the pain but over all except what it is in a reasonable way.

But not knowing the results is a new level of drink.....away the anxiety.

It isn't looking very promising since GA hasn't even started updating the license lookup.

Will the license search be updated before NCEES posts the results?
Last year when I found out I passed, there were a number of people that I took the exam with that had licence numbers issued prior to getting the NCEES email.  I was not one of those people. In fact I didn't have a licence number assigned to me until nearly a week after finding out I passed. I actually had to call to figure out what was up. The uncertainty was very stressful. 

My prediction, if we are lucky, the board will have a teleconference next Tuesday and we should get the results by Wednesday. 

It is apparent that the Georgia Board is on a power trip and following the rule copied below:

Rule 180-2-.04 Examinations, General

Examinations will be held at such times and places as the Board directs. The Board shall determine the passing grade on examinations. All examinations shall be approved by the entire Board.

http://rules.sos.ga.gov/gac/180-2

I'm going to spend the weekend pretending they're working overtime to get the information into the license lookup so we can have results bright and early Monday morning. Fantasyland is really a great place (aided by copious amounts of alcohol obvs).

My prediction, if we are lucky, the board will have a teleconference next Tuesday and we should get the results by Wednesday. 

It is apparent that the Georgia Board is on a power trip and following the rule copied below:

Rule 180-2-.04 Examinations, General

Examinations will be held at such times and places as the Board directs. The Board shall determine the passing grade on examinations. All examinations shall be approved by the entire Board.

http://rules.sos.ga.gov/gac/180-2
That's pretty standard language. Most State's have something similar.

It looks like they've stopped after 3 or 4 entries.  Also I see that their expiration's are only a year from now and I thought that it's 2 years after you initially get your PE.
Georgia licenses expire every two years on even years, so your next license will be through Dec. 31, 2022. However, you're exempt from PDH for the first renewal period, so don't sweat it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back