Game of Thrones ! (HBO Mini Series) Spoilers......

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well you really only have to wait 9.5 months...

Falling skies through summer

The walking dead - fall

Football season

Then it's about back...

I got halfway through what I thought was the first book, realized I had actually bought the second book and started reading it... Not sure if I should stop and go by the first book? Or just keep going... I think I will keep going....
Looks like I'm screwed until football season.

LadyFox asked a good question that maybe someone can shed some light on.

Do you think Arya left the Hound laying there out of compassion or to let him suffer because ultimately he was on her "list". It was an interesting scene.

LadyFox asked a good question that maybe someone can shed some light on.

Do you think Arya left the Hound laying there out of compassion or to let him suffer because ultimately he was on her "list". It was an interesting scene.
She left him to suffer because she still hates him and she is certain he will die so she can cross him off the list. That's the way I see it anyway.

It's explained a bit more in the book and I don't quite remember all of the specifics. She goes through a rather complex series of emotions.

She wants him dead because of what he did to the butcher's boy (back in season/book 1)

She pities him because of the situation he's in (his brother f'ed him up, he was Joffrey's pet, exiled from Kings Landing with no friends, etc)

She starts to consider him a friend because they've spent so much time together and because he's helped keep her safe and get her back to her family (even if gold was his motivation).

She doesn't want to turn into him and simply kill.

Ultimately she just decides to walk away knowing that he will die and she vows to never become someone like him.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, season 5 trailer leaked! Was only supposed to be showing in IMAX theaters.

>http://youtu.be/ZMKhdDlKHNE

Saw something today saying that, surprise surprise, the series will be finished before the books are. Publisher said book 6 will not be released in 2015 so who knows how long it will take but Martin supposedly gave major plot lines to HBO a while ago in case of this.

finally watched last Sundays episode.. the 3rd episode this season was pretty good. I still feel very lost in terms of what is going on.. I am hoping to get caught up on the books this summer, but its difficult to make time to read..

I cant figure out why Sansa's "protector" would give her to the

Boltons? Does he not know how fucked up they are?

I need a little more clarification on what Arya is supposed to be doing?

RG:

Arya has joined what is essentially an assassin's guild.

Sansa's new arranged marriage gives the Bolton's a way to help "secure the north" since they can't rely on the Lannisters anymore, and it somehow plays into Littlefinger gaining a northern ally. However, I believe I read that this is a departure from the book, so we don't know how that will pan out entirely.

Sansa's story is diverging from the story so far. Essentially, Littlefinger now has control of the Eerie, but is also using Sansa to gain control of the north (knowing the other houses will follow a Stark). He will somehow end up removing the Boltons from power.

Sansa's story is diverging from the story so far. Essentially, Littlefinger now has control of the Eerie, but is also using Sansa to gain control of the north (knowing the other houses will follow a Stark). He will somehow end up removing the Boltons from power.

From the way he was talking, I think Littlefinger is getting Sansa in there so

she can get rid of the Boltons in retaliation for killing the rest of her family at the Red Wedding.

From the way he was talking, I think Littlefinger is getting Sansa in there so

she can get rid of the Boltons in retaliation for killing the rest of her family at the Red Wedding.

That's what he's TELLING her, but there's no way that Littlefinger's sole motivation for putting Sansa back in there because he wants her to avenge her family out of the goodness of his heart, even if he did have the hots for her mother.

Sansa's story is different in the show vs in the books.

I'm with the fan theory that Jon Snow is child of Stark and Targaryen...hence ice AND fire.

Sansa's story is different in the show vs in the books.

I'm with the fan theory that Jon Snow is child of Stark and Targaryen...hence ice AND fire.

Yeah, the TV show failed to create the character that actually goes up to the Boltons. Jenny was sent up there under the guise that she was Arya.

I really need to re-read these books. It's been so long that I'm forgetting details, although with the diverging story lines I'm not sure how much that matters anymore.

Back