funny pic thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
76-funny-pictures-744.jpg

NASA uses the metric system and it's the reason they lost a satellite.

http://www.cnn.com/TECH/space/9909/30/mars.metric.02/

e6e2ypyp.jpg

So what if this is how I take out snakes in my yard... Vodka helps too.
Does the Vodka make you shoot with your hands backward and use the wrong eye to look down the scope? There's left handed and right handed and then ^ In between?
I used to try to shoot rifles like that, but it took me several years to figure out why. I was using right-handed rifles (bolt action, or right-ejecting semi-autos), which made sense to me since I was right-handed. What I didn't find out until my Lasik surgery is that I am left eye dominant. So, if I was holding a rifle right handed, I couldn't see through the scope or properly align the iron sights. I would have my head over the gun like the guy in the picture trying to see the damned sights. I now have left handed rifles. Thankfully, I was just shooting the gun club's guns, and hadn't yet bough any right-handed rifles.

I am also left-eye dominant and right-handed. I just go used to shooting with my non-dominant eye. I can now shoot a rifle either way.

I shoot with both eyes open right handed. Right eye dominant let's me see through the scope and the left eye picks up movement to let me acquire my target quicker...

chameleon-eyes.jpg

The reason that I picked up on the picture is because by brother is left eye dominant and used to shoot right handed. I would give him crap about it until he learned to shoot with the right eye or left handed. Now he shoots either way as well...

I still say the guy in the picture (NJ?) is an "in-betweenie"... :)

I shoot with both eyes open right handed. Right eye dominant let's me see through the scope and the left eye picks up movement to let me acquire my target quicker...

chameleon-eyes.jpg

The reason that I picked up on the picture is because by brother is left eye dominant and used to shoot right handed. I would give him crap about it until he learned to shoot with the right eye or left handed. Now he shoots either way as well...

I still say the guy in the picture (NJ?) is an "in-betweenie"... :)
Yes I am the subject in the picture LJ. I am right handed and left eye dom.

Eye dominance really doesn't matter when using optics rather than iron sights...

Eye dominance really doesn't matter when using optics rather than iron sights...
It does when you lean all the way over to use your dominant eye. You end up putting yourself in some pretty bad/stupid positions trying to use the wrong eye with your hand placement.

Um...yeah huh! I couldn't see anything through a scope with my right eye. But that is mainly because I can't blink my left eye, and when its open, it's dominant.

It does when you lean all the way over to use your dominant eye. You end up putting yourself in some pretty bad/stupid positions trying to use the wrong eye with your hand placement.

I know - I was referring more to the fact that he was going out of his way to use his dominant eye with a scope...

Will: You can train that eye to relax when using a blinder, i.e. a translucent or grey piece of plastic, cardboard, etc. to cover the unused eye. Even when shooting using your dominant eye, you should use a blinder anyways - winking causes fatigue of the eye and facial muscles, and will lead to involuntary movement. I know some folks who were left eye dominant but just couldn't learn to shoot competitively left handed. Once ISSF made crossover prisms illegal for iron sight matches, they had no choice but to train the non-dominant eye using a blinder.

Back