funny pic thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tire_deformation.gif

Near the Engineering school at University of Louisville they have a train over pass with low clearance underneath. 18 wheeler would be stuck there, top ripped off at least once a week.

Same at USC. I saw an incident like that happen one morning. The trucks front wheels caught air. The RR trestle said 'meh.'

My FIL had a bridge accident once. They had a box van loaded with panels. They checked going under the railroad bridge going to the plant and cleared by a few inches. Well they didnt think about the van being higher coming home empty and took the top several inches off the company van. Hilarious.

My parents got their first new car because the delivery truck went under a bridge and sheared the top off. Dad's uncle owned a body shop and repaired it for cost. This was in 1965.

I never was aware of that until decades later, but it explained the safety glass pebbles that would occasionally be found when we were kids (my sister and I thought they were diamonds and my parents had a smuggler car).

int11.jpg

Nice color. The same color of the mdicine you would probably need after dining on anything prepared here.

bizarre-facts-23.jpg

Now why wasn't this on the list of things to do when we were in Vegas???

Last edited by a moderator:
Back