funny pic thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bounce.gif

^^^ Anything above and beyond PBS, CW, and a couple AM radio stations is considered "cable" to cabin dwellers.

After 5+ months of living here, I still need the channel lineup to find anything.

And if you're going to make regular and HD versions of stuff, at least keep it consistent. Channel 10 and Channel 510 or something.

Directv is consistent.

206 is ESPN

206HD is ESPN HD

Then, you even have the option to hide the non-hd duplicates in the guide.

If you look close, the player salutes the Marine when he gets in the end zone. Either the Marine took offense to a non-Marine saluting him, or he just isn't a Texas fan.
I don't think he salutes the Marine, he appears to raise his finger to his mouth to "shush" the crowd as he enters the endzone. You can see it more clearly in the video here

http://www.sportsgri...e-upset-marine/
According to one source:

"Finally, some information regarding the Marine who went berserk at Marquise Goodwin last Saturday in Texas’ win over Ole Miss.

For those who don’t remember, as Goodwin began to celebrate after a 69-yard touchdown run in the second quarter, he began to raise his finger toward his mouth, about to make the “shhh” motion.

That’s when Stephen Roberts, a Marine gunnery sergeant who served in Iraq, stepped in. Roberts got right in Goodwin’s face, hand on hips, and began screaming. As he tells SB Nation, Roberts guessed Goodwin was directing the gesture at him.

“As he ran toward me, I could see him start to make the ‘shhhhh’ motion holding his hand up. I knew behind me was the Texas fan section, and he was staring straight ahead. So I’m thinking, well, I know he’s not ‘shhhh-ing’ his own people.

“It was hey, don’t hush me, because Marines, well … we don’t like to be hushed.”

At least it wasn't duct tape?

Oh, and just to chime in, my cable company keeps the HD channels consistent (25, 525) plus they tell me if a channel I'm watching is in HD and I just push OK and it goes there.

Back