funny pic thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we have a very competitive pack, I was getting eat shit text messages during the race after my poor showing (me= cubmaster, so I guess the car should at least make it down the track)
One year the final race was between me, I mean my kid and another guy, um I mean his kid and I was the cubmaster and he was asst/former cubmaster. Everyone thought the fix was in, but we, I mean the kids, just worked hard at trying to build fast cars.

One key thing that I did was to provide the scale. I used a calibrated digital scale from our lab that weighed to the nearest 0.01 grams. Of course while I, I mean my son, was building the car, I could constantly weigh it so we were 5.00 grams with paint and finishes.

On derby night I got to weigh it on the same scale and didn't have someone bring in their kitchen diet scale with an accuracy of +/- 1 grams, and have them tell us we were over the allowable weight. Conversely the guys who come up with a car with 10lbs of weight on it because they used their bathroom scale would be consequently shut down.

OK, we had a fairly competitive pack, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
In past years I have borrowed the official pack scale, we have a decent digital scale, not n

the best but since on check in night I have to set up the track, answer 300 questions, etc I don't have the time to add .10 oz or adjust so I do it to save time, this year I wasn't able to borrow the offficial scale so I think some of the tinkering last mi ute didn't help. Normally the wheels is the last thing to go on since you can measure them along the way.

Oh well I have one more year with my oldest and 4 more with the youngest so I still have time to bring home the hardware.....

Glad you, I mean, your son did well ;)

Last edited:
You can have the car, I just want the back seat and the airbags.

we have a very competitive pack, I was getting eat shit text messages during the race after my poor showing (me= cubmaster, so I guess the car should at least make it down the track)
One year the final race was between me, I mean my kid and another guy, um I mean his kid and I was the cubmaster and he was asst/former cubmaster. Everyone thought the fix was in, but we, I mean the kids, just worked hard at trying to build fast cars.

One key thing that I did was to provide the scale. I used a calibrated digital scale from our lab that weighed to the nearest 0.01 grams. Of course while I, I mean my son, was building the car, I could constantly weigh it so we were 5.00 grams with paint and finishes.

On derby night I got to weigh it on the same scale and didn't have someone bring in their kitchen diet scale with an accuracy of +/- 1 grams, and have them tell us we were over the allowable weight. Conversely the guys who come up with a car with 10lbs of weight on it because they used their bathroom scale would be consequently shut down.

When my Dad, I mean I, built my car, he, I mean I, was the same way with the wieght.

Plus, he, I mean I, used turbine oil instead of graphite. Much slicker stuff.

When I worked at the power plant, it was interesting to see how many of the those cars were being built in the mechanical maintenance shop.

When my Dad, I mean I, built my car, he, I mean I, was the same way with the wieght.

Plus, he, I mean I, used turbine oil instead of graphite. Much slicker stuff.
turbine oil. Cheater! Only dry lubricants are allowed.

I'll have to retrieve your trophy and put an asterisk next to your entry in the Pinewood cerby record books.

FunnyMotivationalPosters39.jpg

1zn0vfc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back