Funny email from my kids 5th grade teacher....

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
Well 2 days down and 3 to go…..

Tomorrow is Math…A VERY IMPORTANT TEST
Please make sure that everyone is getting to bed early tonight and they are well rested and ready to go. We are all ready for this...to show how much we have learned all year.

As with Spring time comes the 5th grade hormones…as I stated at the beginning of the year, boyfriend/girlfriends are not allowed in 5th grade. There is a lot of drama right now of who likes who, who doesn’t like who, who wishes someone liked them and so on. We have had this talk numerous times and as a 5th grade as a whole, these kids are too young to be caught up in all of the drama that goes along with relationships.

If you could talk to your child about focusing on what really matters, that would be WONDERFUL! Instead of focusing on reviewing for Math today, we had to have a talk about why people need to stay out of other people’s business and not worry about telling everything that they hear or even go asking questions about. I know it sounds trivial, but it is not really when there are emotions and hormones involved with 30 kidsJ

Thanks for helping out with this situation.

that was probably a cry for help for parents to support a slight school tax increase so they can get class sizes back to 20:1 (and this is actually from my kids former school in Atlanta) we just never got off the email list.. guess that will cycle through... . but the ratios are about the same here..

I'd reply back, "Since you're in the loop, does Suzie like Little Johnny? Or does she LIKE like him?"

I would respond with something along the lines of, "I'll be sure to send Johnny with a pack of condoms..."

Absurd. Let kids be kids, including their little puppy loves. Schools have no business controlling that sort of thing until and unless it causes problems in the classroom.

If the teacher felt it was necessary to send an email to the parents of the entire class, don't you think it's causing problems?

It was funny to me cause I know a lot of the kids in that class... My son noted that most "everyone" back home had a girlfriend or boyfriend.. He said he was glad he didn't have a girlfriend because he didn't wan to have to spend his money buying a girl presents.....

If the teacher felt it was necessary to send an email to the parents of the entire class, don't you think it's causing problems?
Perhaps. On the other hand, it sounds like the teacher brought the subject up before, preemptively, and is irked that the kids and/or parents didn't listen. The main complaint is about having to teach the children to not spread gossip, which is a more reasonable thing for a teacher to have been involved in.

It was funny to me cause I know a lot of the kids in that class... My son noted that most "everyone" back home had a girlfriend or boyfriend.. He said he was glad he didn't have a girlfriend because he didn't wan to have to spend his money buying a girl presents.....
smart kid.

Last week was CRCT testing here in Atlanta, which is the test by which they rate & rank the schools. You want to see some government employees get fired up and work hard, put their fate in the hands of a bunch of fifth graders taking a test that defines the administrators competency. At my kids school, they had CRCT Boot Camp on a Saturday, and several after school training sessions, to give kids that extra boost they need to do well on the CRCT.

Are you Fkidding me? Send my kid to school on a Saturday so he can cram for a test that ranks YOUR competency?

272px-Sheldon_germophobe.jpg

Back