Fuel Economy

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow .. that is AMAZING !! :eek:hmy: I can't bitch about my commute based on that !!!

I used to live a little further north of you in Oxnard - I was stationed at Port Hueneme when I was in the Navy. I think I was lucky that I lived on the base and rarely had to deal with traffic. :)

JR

I had a 100 mile round trip commute for a couple of years. Then a 30 mile round trip commute from there to another location. It proved to me that Scott Adams is right: You can get used to anything.

Dude, you're a road warrior! You should change your screen name to "mad max".
Do you live or work in riverside? I used to live in riverside, but moved out towards the desert.

Here is my commute:

27.8 miles. I live in banning, and work in palm springs.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&...p;z=11&om=0
live in SD, work in Reeberside... banning to palm springs? must be fun in the summer! are you involved with the purple water stuff they have been working on out there lately?

I had a 100 mile round trip commute for a couple of years. Then a 30 mile round trip commute from there to another location. It proved to me that Scott Adams is right: You can get used to anything.
Concur, barley notice the long ass haul any more.

live in SD, work in Reeberside... banning to palm springs? must be fun in the summer! are you involved with the purple water stuff they have been working on out there lately?
Summer time temps are tough. But, it’s not so bad, sad to say, but you get used to it. I work inside most of the time. I spend about 25% or so of my time outside, but it seems that all of the 25% is in the summer surveying. I've only had a couple times that it got to me. The trick is to not go in and out of the AC too much; going from 65 to 115 can be a real shock to the system.

We supply reclaimed water at the agency I work for. We have a reclaimed water plant where we do tertiary treatment. We were going to buy the wastewater treatment plant from the city, but the governator vetoed the bill a couple of years ago. We have the capacity to accept all of the effluent from the city owned wastewater treatment plant. Currently we are working on fine tuning the plant to improve the run times and lower the backwash/recycle. We only supply it to golf courses, school and parks (we are too weary to allow residential connections). I recently installed a 250hp, 4000gpm reclaimed booster to add another golf course to reclaimed.

Last year at some point they were talking about demineralizing ground water to boost the reclaimed water supply out there... did that ever go through?

Was that for CVWD? We are fairly small compared to them. They are the 800lb gorillias in the valley, we are the small guys next to them.

Back