Freelance Engineer

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curious

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering how can I find freelance engineering positions?

thanks heaps!

Hi all,
I was wondering how can I find freelance engineering positions?

thanks heaps!
The availability of "freelance" positions depends on what your expertise is, your location, amount of experience, etc.

The term "freelance" is a little vague to me. It could mean moonlighting work, temporary "contract" work, consulting work, or maybe something else I haven't thought of. Please explain what you mean.

Contract Positions are kind of difficult, because of payroll laws you need to fit in a very strict set of rules about the type of work you do. You really need to be a PE and do work for different clients with little or no input from them. Have your own equipment and work independently.

Or find a unscrupulous employer willing to pay you strictly for your time with no benefits.

A lot of consulting firms do this for project where they need a very specific set of engineering services that they typically don't have on staff.

thanks

I actually meant a sort of job which u can do the job on ur PC without physical communication with the company!

The availability of "freelance" positions depends on what your expertise is, your location, amount of experience, etc.
The term "freelance" is a little vague to me. It could mean moonlighting work, temporary "contract" work, consulting work, or maybe something else I haven't thought of. Please explain what you mean.

thanks
I actually meant a sort of job which u can do the job on ur PC without physical communication with the company!
But, again, what do you do? I assume that you are an engineer since you're on this board, but what kind, etc.? Maybe there are some jobs you can do like that, but it really depends on what you are capable of doing. Can't help you if you're not more specific.

thanks!

I've got Masters in Mechanical Engineering (Fluid) and roughly 2 years experience in Piping engineering in the fields of Water & waster as well as petroleum.

But, again, what do you do? I assume that you are an engineer since you're on this board, but what kind, etc.? Maybe there are some jobs you can do like that, but it really depends on what you are capable of doing. Can't help you if you're not more specific.

Back