Free Pizza for Camaro Owners!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DAMN, I coulda got a free pizza had I seen this earlier....

I didn't get home from work until 8:00, and just got online :(

(screw you guys and the Camaro jokes, my car still rawks)

I guess we could have too, DVINNY. My daughter has a '68 up at her dads, but we have the title here.

:(

Guys on a Trans AM board I belong to were going to go for a free pizza. Do you know how many times someone will look at a 2nd gen T/A complete with the shaker hood and big firebird decal on it and say "nice camaro". It's only fair we get some payback.

Guys on a Trans AM board I belong to were going to go for a free pizza. Do you know how many times someone will look at a 2nd gen T/A complete with the shaker hood and big firebird decal on it and say "nice camaro". It's only fair we get some payback.

Do you know how many times I've gotten that WITHOUT the shaker hood or flaming chicken decal? (79 Firebird, NOT a T/A)

^See how mind bending those IROC-Z stickers can be?

You ever veture over to the thridgen.org message board? I just signed up over there. there is some good info. The second gens have gotten too pricey, and I have to admit that I do like the 3rd gen a lot better from a useability standpoint.

Matter of fact, I just picked up a Carolina Trader to see if there are any nice LB9 5-spds out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a late '80s TA parked in my complex. Its red with tan droptop and gold BBS wheels. The car is just stunning, I never knew they could look so good (usually camaros/firebirds/TA's are rode hard and hung up wet and look the part).

Its a nice poor man's corvette! :p
Well, the guts are identical anyways.
Depends on what point in time you're looking at. In the late 70's T/A's would actually out perform the Corvettes. '76 the last year for the 455 in the T/A was the fastest production car made by GM. The W-72 400's in '77 and '78 were stronger than the 350's the L-82 350 that the vettes were running.

Of course, I always liked the coke-bottle shaped vettes. Good looking cars IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course, I always liked the coke-bottle shaped vettes. Good looking cars IMO.
Yeah, but they are tiny inside. My uncle had a 79 and when I drove it with Dad in the passenger seat, we were touch shoulders. Not much shoulder room in those things.

Driving that car broke me of ever wanting a 68-82 'vette.

Back