Freaking Out - Should I take the Other Board's class?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrivingSideways

Reaction score
Got an email about a course in LA this Sunday. I absolutely suck at Seismic (have failed twice - came fairly close last time). Does anybody know if the Other Boards course is worth the $500? Are the books useful? I'm still not clear on the differences from before and April 08 with the IBC change. Because it's a one-day course, I don't believe there is a guarantee to be able to retake if I fail.

Any input? Thanks in advance!

Got an email about a course in LA this Sunday. I absolutely suck at Seismic (have failed twice - came fairly close last time). Does anybody know if the Other Boards course is worth the $500? Are the books useful? I'm still not clear on the differences from before and April 08 with the IBC change. Because it's a one-day course, I don't believe there is a guarantee to be able to retake if I fail.
Any input? Thanks in advance!
The Irvine Institute Course is fantastic if you can still get into it. You can take it via archive if it's already going on but everyone I know that has taken it has passed the time after they took the test. I don't think it costs that much more and it comes with a pretty good sized book.

The Irvine Institute Course is fantastic if you can still get into it. You can take it via archive if it's already going on but everyone I know that has taken it has passed the time after they took the test. I don't think it costs that much more and it comes with a pretty good sized book.
Thanks Squish! I'll look into it now. I freaking hate Seismic.

Back