Foundation Design

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Das.

Look for this author and you'll find the best soils book out there right now.

I hope this helps!

I have the Braja Das "Principles of Foundation Engineering" and it is excellent. It is somewhat limited in scope, but is extremely easy to understand. I also have "Foundation Design: Principles and Practices" by Coduto. It goes a little deeper into the topics than the Das books go, but I find it a bit harder to read than Das.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Braja Das "Principles of Foundation Engineering" and it is excellent. It is somewhat limited in scope, but is extremely easy to understand. I also have "Foundation Design: Principles and Practices" by Coduto. It goes a little deeper into the topics than the Das books go, but I find it a bit harder to read than Das.
Does this book go into Structural Design of foundations or just soils?

What edition?

Does this book go into Structural Design of foundations or just soils?
It's just the soils aspect of it. If you're looking for a structural foundation book there are several good books on reinforced concretre.

Back