First time renewing my license and I got audited!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lundy

Reaction score
Got a letter about a week ago and I was one of the lucky 3%'ers that got audited. I wound up only needing 23.75 hours since it hasn't been a full year since I've had my license. I actually had 39.5 hours since I wanted to take advantage of taking an extra 15 hours into the next renewal period. I'm actually really curious if they find anything that is not eligible. There have been lunch and learns and my boss that would put on an hour lunch that goes over technical items but it's not like i got a certificate afterwards. So at least I'll know in the coming years what to do and not to do! I'll post here once i hear back from OSBEELS. 

First time renewals are exempt from an audit in Texas. I just renewed my license on Wednesday... crazy how time flies.

Good luck!

IL gives a pass on the PDH requirements for the first renewal.  since some people would only have had their license for 4 months or less before the renewal period.  although now that IL allows test before expereince, I would wait until the end of november of an odd year to submit the paperwork so you start off right the the beginng of the 2 yr period and have a 2 yr pass on the pdh requirements

Got a letter about a week ago and I was one of the lucky 3%'ers that got audited. I wound up only needing 23.75 hours since it hasn't been a full year since I've had my license. I actually had 39.5 hours since I wanted to take advantage of taking an extra 15 hours into the next renewal period. I'm actually really curious if they find anything that is not eligible. There have been lunch and learns and my boss that would put on an hour lunch that goes over technical items but it's not like i got a certificate afterwards. So at least I'll know in the coming years what to do and not to do! I'll post here once i hear back from OSBEELS. 
After the "Got a letter about a week ago..." part, I didn't understand anything after that.  :eek:

After the "Got a letter about a week ago..." part, I didn't understand anything after that.  :eek:
Long story short, I got audited for my PDH hours and need to provide proof for each "event". Now I'm hoping that all my documentation is valid.

Update: haven't heard back from the state yet. 

I'm happy my state doesn't require PDH hours.

You mentioned that you might not have gotten on certificates for such things as lunch and learns,  In those cases I'd keep track of the meeting notice and a sign up sheet if they have one.  Maybe get the moderator to sign off on the meeting notice saying you were there.  Alabama allows such activities as educational outreach and presentations given at conferences.  In those cases I kept a copy of the announcement showing me as a speaker/presenter. 

Back