Fed up with engineer prep book companies

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Sea For

So, I just got sick to my stomach today when I was on "the other board"'s site and saw a thread about which review manual to use for the FE exam. :suicide: For Christ's sake, I didn't even know they made manuals for the FE exam. When I studied for that, I only studied out of my NCEES equation book. Why even waste time buying a separate book that you can't even take in with you? Anyway, what made me sick was the fact that like just about every body who responded to this dudes question was saying that the FERM (the Lindeburg book) was the best. :brick: Well NO JOKE, that is the answer you will get from a freaking web site that sells you the FERM. What the hell? Then I stumbled on this site.

I gotta say, from first impressions, this ain't a bad place. Looks like you guys have a little bit more fun than the advertising stooges on that other stupid board.

Anyway, I hope I didn't cross any boundaries by writing that as my initial post. Anyway, I took the PE WR exam for the second time this past OCT. I am tired of waiting, but what can I do?

Last edited:
Welcome aboard homie. I think all the things you are saying are the same reasons Road Guy started this board. No problem that you echoed them.

Stick around a post at will. We can use th additional viewpoints.

I do have to say, though, that there is no way I would have ever passed the ME without the MERM. It is good stuff. Their website just sux.

Ed

Welcome to the boards Sea.

I took the environmental exam last spring and found the ENVRM to be a valuable reference tool. I also used PPI's sample exams and problems, which I couldn't have passed without using.

I like their reference materials, just not their website, and the people that post there.

The key to pa$$ing is not buying every PPI book on earth, and the way to respond to a question in a forum is not to berate the poster. That's why I don't post there.

:wel

As far as I am concerned ... :"the other board": :die:

They have removed most of my threads. I think you will find this forum much more useful and friendly.

Regards,

JR

Back