February 2021 Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took my exam on the 24th. Didn’t have any issues with my exam glitching and Haven’t received results yet, anyone else?

I recieved notice 11 PM 3/8/21 that Prometric had a glitch with surveying admin between 2/22 to end of month and that PE Board will contact me to reschedule to re-take the test. “We apologize for the inconvenience”. My test was cancelled 3/26/20, 4/22/20, i failed in july and not offered in Q4, cancelled 1/26/21, and now this “glitch” for the 2/22 date. I literally have not seen close family members for a year, now I have to sit in a room again during a pandemic.

I recieved notice 11 PM 3/8/21 that Prometric had a glitch with surveying admin between 2/22 to end of month and that PE Board will contact me to reschedule to re-take the test. “We apologize for the inconvenience”. My test was cancelled 3/26/20, 4/22/20, i failed in july and not offered in Q4, cancelled 1/26/21, and now this “glitch” for the 2/22 date. I literally have not seen close family members for a year, now I have to sit in a room again during a pandemic.
They said I default failed but didn't provide a results survey so did they automatically fail everyone who had the glitch or did some people pass who took the test after 2/22?

They said I default failed but didn't provide a results survey so did they automatically fail everyone who had the glitch or did some people pass who took the test after 2/22?
I took my test 2/27 and had a glitch on 2 problems. Test would freeze and just wouldn’t let me answer. Had to skip. But I received a pass notice yesterday when results were released.

I took my test 2/27 and had a glitch on 2 problems. Test would freeze and just wouldn’t let me answer. Had to skip. But I received a pass notice yesterday when results were released.
Good for you! Did you use a test prep course?

Thanks! This was my second time taking it. Used CPESR both times. I took advantage of the retake policy and I guess things stuck the second time around.
Hmmm, i used them too but felt it could have been a little better. I failed again but the Board is letting me take again for free due to a Prometrics computer technical issue. Just wondering if i should pay for another course. Good to know you passed using CPESR.

Hmmm, i used them too but felt it could have been a little better. I failed again but the Board is letting me take again for free due to a Prometrics computer technical issue. Just wondering if i should pay for another course. Good to know you passed using CPESR.
I think the thing that helped me the most when using them was the practice tests. I took them at least 3 times each. Also I tried to do extra research myself. For example there are things they mention quickly, but don’t go into detail on because they say it most likely won’t be on the test, I would pause and still go research what they mentioned just in case. If you are able to take advantage of his retake policy I would suggest something like that. And finding extra practice problems to do over and over again. I hope this helps.

I would also add/suggest to invest in Reza Mahallati's workbook. The problems in that book are more difficult than the actual exam, but prepare you very well imo. I used CPESR and Reza's book and passed on my 2nd attempt.

Bummer to read everyone's story about the glitches or a cancelled appointment altogether. Can only imagine how frustrated and even more stressed I would be if that happened to me.

So for anyone that's passed both exams do you know the next sequence of events? Do we get the congratulatory email, numbered issued, then certificate in the mail?

Looks like in the Jan thread it's been over 5 weeks and some people still haven't even got their # which I believe are issued each 2-3 weeks? Trying to plan how to go about telling my employer since they give a raise upon "proof" of registration.

I would also add/suggest to invest in Reza Mahallati's workbook. The problems in that book are more difficult than the actual exam, but prepare you very well imo. I used CPESR and Reza's book and passed on my 2nd attempt.
I would suggest using Reza's book and practicing problems from CPESR and try giving the 4 tests that CPESR has as there were many questions similar to those practice exams on the tests and it saved my time on the test.

Bummer to read everyone's story about the glitches or a cancelled appointment altogether. Can only imagine how frustrated and even more stressed I would be if that happened to me.

So for anyone that's passed both exams do you know the next sequence of events? Do we get the congratulatory email, numbered issued, then certificate in the mail?

Looks like in the Jan thread it's been over 5 weeks and some people still haven't even got their # which I believe are issued each 2-3 weeks? Trying to plan how to go about telling my employer since they give a raise upon "proof" of registration.
I can't attest to how long it will generally take, but I found out I passed my last test on Feb. 4th and just got my license number on Thursday, Mar. 4th. Haven't gotten any communications from the Board yet (congratulatory email etc.).

A friend of mine passed his September exam (found out in October), got his license issued beginning of December, and just recently (a couple weeks ago) got his certificate. I think his was a bit delayed, but hard to say.

I can't attest to how long it will generally take, but I found out I passed my last test on Feb. 4th and just got my license number on Thursday, Mar. 4th. Haven't gotten any communications from the Board yet (congratulatory email etc.).

A friend of mine passed his September exam (found out in October), got his license issued beginning of December, and just recently (a couple weeks ago) got his certificate. I think his was a bit delayed, but hard to say.

Thanks, good to hear a few different perspectives. I asked a few people too and sounds like it takes at least a few months for the certificate but hopefully not as long as your friend's case. Guess I will just go to HR/management once I get my # issued and cross my fingers that will be enough proof of registration.

anyone got their number for FEB 2021 RESULT?
Are you talking about those who took the exams in February and found out in March (last week)? If so, I have not received my number yet. It looks like they only added 11 new license numbers last week and, with as many people seem to still be waiting from January exams, I suspect it will be a while. I am not sure why it takes so long though. To me, only adding 11 new licenses in 1 week is a bit ridiculous, but I am not sure what the process actually is.

anyone got their number for FEB 2021 RESULT?
Nothing yet. My hope/guess is that by the end of this month they will start issuing # for us Feb folks. That might be wishful thinking though because I think there are still #s from Jan to be issued.

Back