FE exam result of Oct 2011 in Pennsylvania

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also got information from PCs that the waiting time extends to about 12 weeks after exam. I chat with the agent online and told him I need to apply for the FE exam of this April again if I have not passed the October FE exam. I will miss the exam of this april if PCs still does not release the FE exam result by January 23. And he told me that PCs will release exam result before January 23.

I will still track on this.

Thanks

Leon

Yeah, I believe this is week 10 (of 12) so they must release them within the next two weeks or so. I think they'll be released sometime pretty soon now that the holiday season is over.

RESULTS ARE IN!! On NCEES at least! Passed! Such a weight lifted off my shoulders! PE in October 2012, here I come!

Passed! Thank god after waiting all this time. Good Luck toeveryone who hasn't checked yet. And congrats ofareggie and jag104!

I've been following this post since it came up in a google result through my boredom of finding FE information.

I felt compelled to post - I PASSED! "Other Discipline" - Philadelphia

I've been following this post since it came up in a google result through my boredom of finding FE information.

I felt compelled to post - I PASSED! "Other Discipline" - Philadelphia
That's how I found this thread too haha. I also took it in Philadelphia, Mechanical PM.

If anyone else took it in Philly, maybe they can relate to my story: I had to snap the plastic pocket clip off my mechanical pencil to dig a splinter out of my palm due to those crappy tables.

I really appreciate every one in this forum. You accompany me to wait for so long time. I started the study from Feb 2011 and I spend about 8 months to study the FE review manual by Mr. Lindeburg. I read this book twice and start to do the mock exam from September and finished about 5 mock exams in two months to the last day of the FE exam. I am a Chinese and just came to US from the beginning of 2011. I am also not very familiar with the British units. I do not take any couse and just study by my self. I spend every evening and every weekend on it.

Fortunately I finally passed this FE other discipline exam in Philadelphia.

I will prepare the mechanical PE exam in October 2012.

Thanks a lot

Leon Zhou

I really appreciate every one in this forum. You accompany me to wait for so long time. I started the study from Feb 2011 and I spend about 8 months to study the FE review manual by Mr. Lindeburg. I read this book twice and start to do the mock exam from September and finished about 5 mock exams in two months to the last day of the FE exam. I am a Chinese and just came to US from the beginning of 2011. I am also not very familiar with the British units. I do not take any couse and just study by my self. I spend every evening and every weekend on it.

Fortunately I finally passed this FE other discipline exam in Philadelphia.

I will prepare the mechanical PE exam in October 2012.

Thanks a lot

Leon Zhou
Congrats Leon!

You're going to need to take the PE in another state because PA makes you wait 4 years after you recieve your EIT certification. I plan on taking mine in DE (4 years experience can be done before EIT) so I can get the test over with and then I'll seek reciprosity in PA once I meet the 4 years after the EIT requirement. It will still take a few more years for me, but Good Luck to you when you take it!

Hi dom650

Firstly I really appreciate your reminding. I just check the ENG Exam Qual's Act 367 and it says the old law (Section 14 of Act 367) is applicable to me if I received degree before June 30, 1994, or began experience before February 19, 1991. My education evaluation has already been completed by NCEES. I graduated from the university in China on July, 1991. I do not need to wait for 4 years according to Section 14 of Act 367.

Please see the section 14 of Act 367 below:

The Old Law (Section 14 of Act 367)

Received degree before June 30, 1994, or began experience before February 19, 1991.

WITH DEGREE: Must have EIT certificate and 4 years of

progressive experience or teaching experience in an approved

engineering curriculum (under the supervision of a PE or similarly

qualified individual). Refer to Rules & Regulations. Amplified record

must show at least 4 years of qualifying experience.

Could you please help to confirm whether I still need to wait for another 4 years after EIT issuance or not?

Your help is really appreciated.

Leon

Hi dom365

Thanks a lot for your reminding. I just have checked with PA board of Pennsylvania that I need another 4 years experience after the issuance of my EIT certification. I need to change the state to make the PE exam test.

Thanks a lot.

Leon

No problem Leon. I would recommend taking the PE in Delaware since it's close to PA and requires 4 years of experience regardless of when you pass the FE. You will still have to wait 4 years to get your PE in Pennsylvania but you'll already have the test out of the way, which would likely be a huge relief.

Hi dom365

I really appreciate your kindly care. Keep in touch

Thanks again

Leon

Latest posts

Back