Favorite School Lunch Items

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benbo

Reaction score
I used to love fruit pies, but I always got Scooter Pies. Those things were like hockey pucks. Are those too ancient for other people to remember?

I also remember loving my Bonanza lunchbox, until I got teased mercilessly about it and started bringing a bag which was apparently cool. I know that pre-dates everyone.

I remember that awakening to the fact that lunch boxes weren't cool, which was too bad, because luch boxes are cool.

I can't remember any lunch item that I care much about, but opening the small milk carton and drinking from it through a straw captures the memory best, for me. Otherwise, my school lunches were all smashed PB&J sandwiches, with the jelly already saturating the bread.

I remember there were always days that were better than others at the Cafeteria, but I can't seem to remember which days they were. Then in high school if you were lucky enough to have a car (or at least a friend with one), we could leave campus and hit up some of the local fast food joints.

Fish sticks.

There was nothing better than ground up and batter fried fish parts.

I never really took my lunch to school, but I always remember being jealous of my friend that brought his every day and always had a Crunch bar for dessert. I do remember having a Transformers lunch box. In fact, we found it and the thermos that went in it in my parent's basement a couple of months ago.

Rectangular pepperoni pizza. No doubt about it. For dessert, one of the lunch ladies used to make "reese's" cups. They tasted just like the real thing, but they weren't coated in chocolate like the real thing. They were amazing.

I had a Garfield lunchbox, complete with matching Thermos. I'm sure at some point I really wished I had something better, since I can't even really remember liking Garfield all that much.

My mom packed a super healthy lunch for me all the time, but I remember getting a Capri Sun every once in awhile and thing those things were awesome. Heck, my kid acts like we bought a pony when he sees I brought those home.

I ate hot lunch everday for twelve years, less a day or two in high school when we'd go get a burger. Hands down the best thing ever served was when I was in elementary school.....the rib tickler. The only thing I can compare it too is the McRib sandwich from Mc D.'s, although I have never had one of those, but they look the same. I really don't know what was in it, but it was spectacular.

Also, I work half days on Fridays, so I am able to go eat lunch with my daughter from time to time, which is awesome. I get fed very well at home, but there is just something about school hot lunch you can't beat.

Rectangular pizza, the ribwich, the calzone, and Lucky Tray Day!

If I was lucky, I could coax my mom into getting me a Lunchables. Those things are horrible for you, but that's probably why I loved them. I went to a parochial elementary school, and one Friday a month was McDonald's day. That was teh awesome.

Pizza and Taco days were big in our cafeteria. I also remember Sloppy Joes.

My kid actually had big chain fast food available at his school. Not sure exactly what, but some stuff.

Friday was pizza day at school and I always loved the pizza. Some of my other favorites at school were country style steak fiestadas, which were basically taco pizzas. I'd like to be able to get a meal like that for $1.25!

What on earth was Lucky Tray Day?!

The bottom of the tray had a sticker, or some kind of distinctive marking. The holder of said tray received a prize. I don't remember what any of the prizes were, being the one to obtain the tray was reward enough.

WoodSlinger's got it! I think I won about once in my life, and all I got was a sticker puzzle map of the USA . Had to stick the corn on Nebraska, etc.

definitely the rectangular pizza and also tacos.

although once i got to high school they had a half pasta half lettuce salad with veggies that you just added your dressing to and shook. Super yummy.

Latest posts

Back