Fast food CEO: How govt regulation is driving us abroad

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Worley PE

Run silent, run deep
Reaction score
Andy Puzder, the CEO of CKE Restaurants, the parent company of Hardee's and Carl's Jr., should know. His company is expanding rapidly abroad due to higher potential outside the U.S., which is hampered by what he sees as too much government regulation.

Puzder named ethanol regulation, which has resulted in higher beef costs, a rising minimum wage and higher labor costs due to Obamacare as three obstacles that make doing business in the U.S. more difficult than in the past.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101302181

Brilliant! We're taking down other countries via obesity! When all of the Hardee's phase out, we'll get all skinny and fit and Iran will be bloated and wondering what it ate.

^As long as Hardee's keeps running those sexy ads....

sara-underwood-on-the-set-of-her-carls-jr-hardees-commercial.jpg

Would anybody really be that heartbroken to see domestics Hardee's or Carl's Jr. close up shop? I'm not entirely sure their problems are government regulations, I'd bet it has more to do with subpar menu choices.

there biscuits and gravy are pretty good, even out here where they dont know what a good southern breakfeast should be!

I think the lack of a "good southern breakfast" is why there are so many women willing to rock the yoga pants...

I would be really upset if Chik-fil-A was driven out... I haven't had Hardee's or Carl Jr's but Chik-fil-A is second to none, in my opinion.

Would anybody really be that heartbroken to see domestics Hardee's or Carl's Jr. close up shop? I'm not entirely sure their problems are government regulations, I'd bet it has more to do with subpar menu choices.

I haven't had either in a long time. During my super fat days, I enjoyed an Oreo shake and some fries. Now nothing from there sounds good.

I think my stomach would explode if I ate any of that stuff now. :puke:

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know the last time I had any fast food. Now that I am pondering that thought, we had some Wendy's on the way home from visiting friends of ours in Niceville, Fl back in 2012.

Don't know the last time I had any fast food. Now that I am pondering that thought, we had some Wendy's on the way home from visiting friends of ours in Niceville, Fl back in 2012.
I am always curious when people say this. So every time you eat out, you go to sit-down restaurants? You are never out running errands with little time and just need to eat something quick? With a little kid, sometimes the last thing I want to do is go to a sit-down restaurant.

I am always curious when people say this. So every time you eat out, you go to sit-down restaurants? You are never out running errands with little time and just need to eat something quick? With a little kid, sometimes the last thing I want to do is go to a sit-down restaurant.
This!!!

Basically yes. Most sit-down places we go to (small cafes or the like) can be just as quick as fast food and so much better for you nutritionally. Or we eat at home before running said errands to plan ahead. And if that's not an option either, then we bring food along. There's always an alternative to fast food. ;)

Basically yes. Most sit-down places we go to (small cafes or the like) can be just as quick as fast food and so much better for you nutritionally. Or we eat at home before running said errands to plan ahead. And if that's not an option either, then we bring food along. There's always an alternative to fast food. ;)
Similarly, fast food for us is usually a sandwich shop or deli somewhere. I can't remember the last time I went to a traditional (burger joint) fast food restaurant other than chick-fil-a.

Back