Failed again-PE California

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, the geotech in the CERM made me feel uneasy going into the exam. I would bet that was my lowest percentage of sections in the am session.
I HAVE A COWORKER'S FRIEND FAILED 17 TIMES!!!!!

SHE TOLD ME THAT THEY WENT CELEBRATE FOR ALMOST A WEEK!!!!!!

SO DON'T GIVE UP!!!

Ihave been stupid busy recently. I might not have time to update that page but I can at least scan my cover sheets. I'll put them all in one post.

What I did was make an individual notebook for each topic and on the cover I slid in an equation sheet with the really important stuff. I didnt even have to flip the notebook open, I just picked it up and looked at the front. My traffic one was amazing- the only thing you need. Geotech is better than the whole CERM for the AM IMHO. Give me til the weekend to scan it or someone message me and remind me.

Ihave been stupid busy recently. I might not have time to update that page but I can at least scan my cover sheets. I'll put them all in one post.
What I did was make an individual notebook for each topic and on the cover I slid in an equation sheet with the really important stuff. I didnt even have to flip the notebook open, I just picked it up and looked at the front. My traffic one was amazing- the only thing you need. Geotech is better than the whole CERM for the AM IMHO. Give me til the weekend to scan it or someone message me and remind me.
Your help with the Geotech would be great... that's just what people need - a summary that distills down the most important things.

If you just scan and send to me, I'll get them put on the wiki one way or another.

Thank you everyone for the support! You guys are great.

I would appreciate it if someone would start a "Dont Miss This !!!!!!" thread. Maybe one could be started for each subject including AM.

Squishles10 please scan your note cover sheets!!! It would really be interesting how you put this together.

There are so many parts of this test to go through that it can be overwelming. With the time limit left, I am not sure if I will be able to feel confident enough to sit in this Oct. test but, may wait out until April. I have been almost exclusively been working on practice problems. Sometimes I feel the questions are just not the ones that would be similar to the ones on the test. As Squishles10 suggested I have worked the index properties and feel pretty good with that type of problem. There is always a deflection problem. But, I just feel that there is so much the people who design the test can chose from that it makes it really hard to focus in on the specifics. The subject titles are not enough in my opinion. But, also to be fair I have been out of school for a long time so I needed to review some of the material. So not be long winded , I really appreciate the help.

I would also like to have a copy of the coversheet. Thanks a bunch.

I found out ( cali) that I failed and this failure is not the first time. Californial is the last board to make a decision on the cut scores and hands out the results, I believe, the latest in the country. So, by the time you get your results, you dont really have alot of time. I am so discouraged that I want to give up. With a 23% ( about) passage rate for repeat taker is there hope that one can pass? I have been so close so many times yet not close enough to pass. I have everything I need in terms of books, practice and class material. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate your help. This situation is so depressing.
Help
This ain't the time for self-pity nor whining. Pick up yourself & focus on the target. Learn from prior experiences. You're already ahead in knowing the ins & outs of the tests, that'll make you within the favored 23%.

Feel like a VICtor & not a VICtim. It's the journey that you have to cherish to get real value of the destination.

Good luck & Godspeed.

Back