Exam results released past 5/22?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rascal, quite a few of us left our PE exam material (references, rulers, calculators etc.) boxed while waiting on the results just in case we didn't pass. To be fair, I passed in Oct and still have most of my material in that box...

You might as well use the time to relax. You'll still have more than enough time to prep for the Oct exam, if you need to (hopefully you won't).

Yes, they are boxed (and crossing my fingers, never to be re-opened)! I'm trying to forget and relax, but we hit the one month post exam mark, and now I've gone loopy!

Someone asked me how I prepared - I actually work offshore a lot, so my time was limited.
Shout out to my croc-wearing brethren.

A few of the "upstream" ChemEs holed-up in a bunker (coffee shop) each week before the exam. UH in Houston also offered a study-course through AIChE in town, which at least kept us on track to study topics each week.

Felt the same in the afternoon as you. AM Session left me skipping 4 total til the end. PM Session had me skipping 15 first time round, all to do with theory questions and having to dust-off that book called Perry's too often.

I'm on the fence on passing; I think there's a historical bias where we remember all the questions we think we got wrong and forget the ones we got right, so we think we did worse than actual results would indicate...

Either that or I'm royally screwed.

Last year many of the pcs states got results the Friday before Memorial Day weekend, but that was considered early. thinking about it will drive you nuts.

I hope you are right OffShaws. I can remember questions I had to guess on or got wrong, but I don't remember many I know I answered correctly. We'll see. The good news is that all in all there's a 25% chance you got the ones you didn't know right. ha!

I've had a blast reading the posts on here the last few weeks. I noticed NCEES was down a little earlier and my account says "results pending" now. Don't remember if it said that before but there is a discussion out there that it means results are close to being released. I looked back at April 2014 and the website went down too as results started slowly being released. It may just be too many people checking the website caused it to crash.

Just thought I add more fuel to the fire. :waiting:

I'll start freaking out next week after the Memorial Day Weekend.

I think I just found out that I passed the exam. I logged into my NCEES account and it showed a "PASSED" result. I accidently refreshed the page because I was so excited and it went back to "Results Pending".... It must be close... :eyebrows:

70 percentile means 70% of candidates are behind you who took the exam - is that correct?

What time the results come generally - between 2pm - 3pm or 4pm-5pm? Will there be an email ?

Sunny, it depends on the state...usually Texas is early as far as states go, but if you watch the map board on the forums for April 2015, it will update what states have released (big shout out to SnoBum!, he updates the maps usually)

If you're busy hitting the F5 refresh key on your NCEES account, like a good engineer! You can usually get your result before you get your email stating that you have results available. It's an extremely nerve racking day or couple of days if your state doesn't release on day 1. It's well worth it if you pass, not as much fun if you don't but it's why many of us stick around, answer questions, cause havoc, ect...you never get over the anticipation of the results! Best of Luck

Will you know if you pass if you find your name under PE license on your state website earlier than NCEES?

Thanks

Back