Envelope Thickness

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
V

VTskier

Not that it really matters except to give an early indication but is there any difference in the thickness of the envelope between a pass or fail one? From what I understand is that you get an analysis of your performance on a fail notice but I don't know if it is the same for a pass notice. It would therefore seem that a failure would be in a thicker envelope.

What do you all think?

I think it depends which state you are in. Here in California you get a slightly thicker (I think two pages instead of 1) envelope if you fail. I passed and it was just one sheet. I remember walking back from my mailbox to sit down to open it (I was nervous). I was looking through the envelope and could make out a list of numbers inside. I thought for sure it was my failing percentages. It turned out to just be a list of regulations I had to remember to follow now that I was a PE. I saw "Congratulations" and that was it. For some reason, even though I passed last October I am still obsessed with these websites. Maybe I don't have enough work to do. Good luck all.

I'm in Missouri. Buddy of mine took it twice. The first envelope was thicker because he said it had test result information inside, as well as the application to re-take the exam.

Thin is in? Who knows, it will only save a few seconds between that and opening the letter anyway.

In Florida, from what I know, there is no difference in thickness in envelopes. Unfortunately, you just have to open it to find out....Whenever they actually come!

Well it is not today. Guess we have to wait till tomorrow.

My check engine light just came on today. I just spent $812.00 on a new AC Compressor so I guess the raise is already spent. :(

:ph43r: I heard that in Colorado you get a letter if you failed, but a flat 8 1/2 by 11 certificate if you passed. I'm hoping for the BIG envelope :prayers:

Back