Enrst and Young online application

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

udpolo15

Reaction score
I came a cross a job at Ernst and Young that I would be interested in. I was not actively looking, but the job looked very interesting so I started poking around. Since I am not currently willing to leave my company (I am heavily involved in a project and I am not going to leave my boss/company in a jam by leaving before it is over this fall) I was just trying to get as much info as possible. I started going through the online application, trying to see what I needed to pull together. I skipped a bunch of stuff figuring I could come back to it. I got to step 8 or 9 and clicked "save and continue" You ask, what is step 9 of 9? why it is the "Thank you for submitting your application screen." Let alone the fact the step 9 is not really a step, they have absolutely no way to contact anybody and to see how to pull my application. I don't want to screw myself when I try to actually apply by already being DQ'd for the position.

I feel I need to hastily pull together a cover letter and resume. While I think the job is a long shot, I also don't want screw myself by getting through the process and getting tossed at the end when I tell them I can't start until September.

Anyone know any recruiters at Ernst and Young?

Since I am not currently willing to leave my company (I am heavily involved in a project and I am not going to leave my boss/company in a jam by leaving before it is over this fall)
Ah, the naivite of young engineers. Remember: you're never as irreplaceable as you think you are. Don't worry about your office, they'll cope. And if they can't because you're so indispensible? Well, they'd better have a good counter-offer, right?

Ah, the naivite of young engineers. Remember: you're never as irreplaceable as you think you are. Don't worry about your office, they'll cope. And if they can't because you're so indispensible? Well, they'd better have a good counter-offer, right?

If I were to switch jobs, it has nothing to do with my current job and wouldn't be a counter offer situation. I currently love my job. I am more or less happy pay wise. I have great co-workers and work on interesting projects. The job switch would be about the opportunity at E&Y. If the job turns out to be how I envision it, I think I would be well suited for it and work enjoy it tremendously.

I understand my company would cope, but that doesn't mean they would be happy about it. If I felt my company was screwing me in some way or the other, I would hesitate to leave, regardless of how it impact them. Since that is not the case, I am not interested in burning bridges. My leaving would piss off a lot of principals and senior managers since they would be picking up my slack.

Back