Electronic Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodSlinger

Reaction score
As everyone here is probably more than aware, the process of waiting for these exam results is one of the most exciting events anyone can experience. You go through the spectrum of emotions, and the anticipation of notification is almost too much to handle.

We are now entering into this age of being able to view results on a web page, or receiving an email notification, and the days of running to the mail box after work, or waiting by the curb on Saturday mornings are all but gone (for at least half of the nation anyway).

Sure, getting the results quickly and as soon as they are available is nice, but is it taking away from the experiece? Are those that don't have to stalk the mail man getting cheated out of a great life experience? I think so.

My boss would say email is better. Then I would start being productive sooner.

I feel like Cartman when he was waiting for the Nintendo Wii to come out. Maybe I can freeze myself and be thawed out when the results come in...

And yes, I think the experience is awesome.

I agree it's an "experience" but I think 6 weeks is long enough to experience the emotions. As we're now on 8.42 weeks, I'm pretty tired of the emotions and ready for the party! (FYI, I will party either way, not taking a pass letter for granted).

I would reply with an emphatic "yes!" to that question. We live in a day and age where practically everything is internet based, so being able to find out the results of the exam days ahead of when the paper results come in the mail is a huge plus, at least for me.

There are quite a few people I know who don't want to check the website for their results, and prefer to wait for the letter to come in, pass or fail, and I respect that. I'm just too darn impatient to wait ;)

I would reply with an emphatic "yes!" to that question. We live in a day and age where practically everything is internet based, so being able to find out the results of the exam days ahead of when the paper results come in the mail is a huge plus, at least for me.
There are quite a few people I know who don't want to check the website for their results, and prefer to wait for the letter to come in, pass or fail, and I respect that. I'm just too darn impatient to wait ;)
I actually believe the that e-mail/web method is far more efficient, it's faster and less people to check and revise.

For me it was a huge rush of excitement getting the info from the website and I got to celebrate right away with my co-workers... :)

Maybe they should consider employing a computer adaptive exam...the engineering board is really way behind

I actually believe the that e-mail/web method is far more efficient, it's faster and less people to check and revise.
I agree that the email/web method is better. The only difference between the two for me is a couple of days...why not save a couple days of agony!?

Congrats on all who passed!

Back