Electrical- Electronics Discipline

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjco04

Reaction score
Who is studying for the Electronics discipline? I'd like to know if anyone has any good resource for communications related topics especially antenna!

Not just the antenna book, but the regular ARRL Handbook is extremely helpful.

One if the regular VE's I work with during test sessions recommends all applicants study from the ARRL Handbook rather than any of the license class study books.

You might be able to get a copy from your local library or check with a local Ham Radio Club. Usually there's a couple copies available to loan out.

Good luck with your studies.

Thanks! I don't need to study the whole handbook as I'm running out of time but I'll take a look at certain sections. :)

I just passed Electronics on the first try. I have all the study materials for sale (PM me if interested), including a great Comminications book. My advice is to also google up all the Radio Frequency stuff and common Antennea equations. Know circuits by heart, everything in the NCEES outline. Do tons of practice problems, over and over, knowing everything you did wrong. Practice problems are the key. Keep all your work in a big binder with tabs so you can find the stuff during the exam. The Camara Review Manual (EERM) for Electronics is the best all-in-one source, but the practice problems for it are too easy as they are basically plug-n-chug. Still, those problems are good to do so you are familiar with the EERM. You need additional references for Communications, Antenneas, Digital and Computer stuff.

i have all my electronics material (minus the camara book) for sale, including a great, GREAT communications/antenna book. that book got me three questions on the exam. to me that justifies every dollar i paid for it. very rare and extremely helpful.

Back