Efforts to Increase Ag Engineering PE Examinees Pay Off

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slugger926

Reaction score
Efforts to Increase Ag Engineering PE Examinees Pay Off

We've recently received word from the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES), which administers all professional engineering (PE) exams, that the agricultural engineering exam has 47 people registered to take it this October. That's more than double the amount over 2009, and with the exam on probation for low numbers of test takers, this is fantastic news!

Special thanks to the efforts of ED-414 Engineering Licensure Committee, tirelessly lead by Jay Harmon; the Professional Activities and Knowledges Survey (PAKS) Committee lead by Robert Gustafson; ASABE's Professional Engineering Institute (PEI); and the Board of Trustees for making the necessary commitments to ensure the exam continues well into the future.

And to those of you scheduled to take the exam next month - Good luck! We're all behind you.

I graduated from an Ag Engineering program but took the Civil-Structural test. The problem with a Ag Engineering test is hardly any AgEng graduates have experience in all the fields. Ag Engineering is divided into Ag Machines (ME with a Ag emphasis, no need for a PE in the industry), bio processing (ChemEng), natural resources (Civil - Environmental), and Ag Structures (Civil-Structural). Once you graduate you go down your path of specialty and don't look at the other three ever again.

Ag Engineering is a combination of several disciplines with an Ag emphasis. The only people I know with a PE in Ag Engineering are some of my professors from school.

Back