EET vs CEA

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jordan.ennis

Reaction score
I am having a difficult time deciding between PE exam prep courses.  EET and CEA are both in my price range and seem like excellent options.  EET has more content available, but CEA appears more streamlined.  I am seeking input that might help make my decision easier.

Can you provide a link for CEA? I've never heard of them and a Google search yields lots of possibilities. 

I can't speak for CEA (Civil Engineering Academy?) but EET worked great for me. I wouldn't call it streamlined. It has a lot of content and will require you to put in the hours. 

What depth are you taking?

I have no idea who CEA is/are.....but I think the 25,000 reviews of EET on this board should help guide your decision.

I was going to ask the same question. Civil engineering academy has some really good marketing, but I haven't found anyone on the forum talking about it. Eventhough it looks more polished and its cheaper I'm feeling more inclined to choose EET. That is mainly due to all the good reviews on this forum, and my coworker recently passed the Exam using the EET review course. First hand experience speaks the loudest for me.

weird, the SE course for Civil Engineering Academy is just the PPI course.... if you click the link, it shows a PPI demo and the instructors from PPI

Also, i'm really liking the layout of Civil Engineering Academy. Looks much more solid of a class than any i've seen. I'd go with them

I was going to ask the same question. Civil engineering academy has some really good marketing, but I haven't found anyone on the forum talking about it. Eventhough it looks more polished and its cheaper I'm feeling more inclined to choose EET. That is mainly due to all the good reviews on this forum, and my coworker recently passed the Exam using the EET review course. First hand experience speaks the loudest for me.
Personal referrals is much greater than the fanciest of marketing gimmicks. My boss has run his company for over 30 years based solely on his reputation, repeat customers ( individual clients and architects) and word of mouth promotion. 

Back