EE or ME PE for A/E

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilheldp_PE

PE, LEED AP, SPAM KING
Reaction score
Our HR lady just came to me looking for any leads I could possibly find for a mechanical or electrical PE with about 10-15 years of experience in an A/E firm. I don't know anybody since I've only worked in this industry for about 2 months, but I was hoping you guys might. If they are laid off, or just unhappy where they are, and would be willing to move to Louisville, KY, they would be a good candidate.

If they end up getting hired here, I think I would get a $5000 "finder's fee" and I would split that with whoever refers somebody to me right down the middle. I'm not sure if that is still going on (it might expire at the end of the year).

bump again. We filled the open Mechanical PE position but are still looking for an Electrical PE. However, I think the $5000 finders fee has expired.

So is the pay/environment crappy or are they being really picky?
They are being very picky since there are lots of candidates for these jobs. A lot of A/E firms in the area are laying off, and we have more work than we know what to do with in the MEP department. But our recruitment lady is very meticulous in picking people...there are lots of phone screenings and in-person interviews and lunch meetings before they make an offer.

10-4. makes sense in this market, especially if you don't need somone right this instant.

Its amazing the difference a couple hundred miles makes. We can't find people at all. My industry is a bit specialized, but not enough to make that much difference.

wilheldp_PE,

Are you working for A/E firm in Louisville? I am in Louisville too working for a consulting engineering firm as EE for about 3 years . I just got my FE in April'09 and I am taking PE this Oct.

Well I am not looking for job, it was just nice to see someone on EB from Louisville.

wilheldp_PE,
Are you working for A/E firm in Louisville? I am in Louisville too working for a consulting engineering firm as EE for about 3 years . I just got my FE in April'09 and I am taking PE this Oct.

Well I am not looking for job, it was just nice to see someone on EB from Louisville.
Yep, I'm here. I'm working for Luckett & Farley. Are you at CMTA?

There are a couple others that live and/or work in the Ville.

Back