Drone Hunting!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking about getting back into flying RC. Doing some scale anti-aircraft weaponry sounds like fun.

Be vewy vewy quiet, we're hunting dwones.

^ in sept we have a RC plane event at the local airport. They just got word they don't have to close the airport for the weekend afterall...if they don't fly the last 10 minutes of every hr and they stop if they get a plane wanting to land. We went a couple of days last yr. These guys are crazy $$$$ into their hobby. there are even little model people in some of the RC cockpits.

I had this guy as a pilot for one of mine:

4-Star-1a.jpg

I have a partially completed kit that I'm thinking about dusting off and finishing. One of the things I never did was pick out a pilot for it.

My dad is one of those peopole that has crazy $$ into RC. We started building/flying them together when I was about 13 (great father/son bonding). He has a detached garage at the back of the house that was his workshop. I now refer to it as the hanger, because of the number of RC planes that he has in there (10-15). I'll always remember the day that I crashed my RC model P-51 Mustang that I built. The maiden flight was perfect; the second flight, on my landing approach, a nasty cross-ind caught one of the wings, and I watched the plane disintegrate as it cartwheeled down the runway. :bawling:

^That plane with the Godzilla pilot was wrecked and repaired a time or three. I had a .60 size P-51 that ended it's maiden flight as a pile of balsa splinters due to radio failure. It did some pretty cool uncommanded aerobatics before it vanished into the corn.

I went plane hunting many a time in the swamps and fields around the flying fields we flew at (Macclenny, FL and an abandoned industrial park airport in Jacksonville)

After I get my Colorado emissions inspection today I'm gonna see about getting this drone hunting permit;)

^^^ If you get bored, I will be at a car show today from noon-4pm at Colfax & Colorado Blvd...

Can I pimp my Prius?

Well I went to f'n greely to get emissions cause the people at work said the line would be much less. And then I learn that hybrids don't need emissions... But I have to get a VIn check so I am chilling at the local Toyota waiting in line ...

If i get out of here before noon I will hea that way!

Okay, I have been thinking about this. We should engineer some "drones" that can be shot down, and some ultra expensive drone shooting equipment. I am sure there will be people that would pay $10K-$50K to shoot drones over this town just like guys from NYC will pay $6K to shoot a hog in TX or Oklahoma. I think the drones could be your standard remote control airplanes/gliders.

Can I pimp my Prius?

Well I went to f'n greely to get emissions cause the people at work said the line would be much less. And then I learn that hybrids don't need emissions... But I have to get a VIn check so I am chilling at the local Toyota waiting in line ...

If i get out of here before noon I will hea that way!
Never go to Greeley on Wednesday. That's blood burning day at the packing plant and the smell is too much.

It looks like parts of Colorado are trying really hard to push that secession.

In 2012 in Orangeburg County, an animal rights group attempted to send a drone over a pigeon shoot, a controversial event in which live birds are launched into the air and promptly shot, “to legally videotape the massive cruelty that will unfold,” as a press release from Showing Animals Respect & Kindness (SHARK) put it.
Shortly after SHARK launched its drone, the cantankerous hunters turned their shotguns on the unmanned flying machine and dealt it the same fate as the pigeons.
http://www.free-times.com/news/sc-lawmakers-want-to-protect-you-from-police-drones-020514

Back