Do we need to form a new organization?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slugger926

Reaction score
Do we need to form a new organization to beef up the engineering title and "PE"? :dunno:

Something to help our boards enforce the laws that are on the books?

The NSPE seems more interested in keeping the power with large firms rather than helping the little guys, or enforcing engineering laws. :drunk:

;guns;

that actually sounds like a really good idea, anything to get rid of some of the old farts at NSPE, ASCE, etc. all the meetings smell like my grandparents house

How about the National Society of Licensed Professional Engineers. NSLPE :ph43r:

Instead of president, have a :BK: .

:beerchug

I know a few PE's close to retirement that would probably be interested too since their state's aren't enforcing laws either. :violin:

Up to 3 members now.

We need to find a nice resort for our meeting in either 2007 or 2008.

Everyone can be an officer so everyone can get PDH's???? J/K

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be vary glad to be involved.

Let me be sure I understand: You are saying that we need to add respect, dignity, credibility and importance to the profession? We need to make it more of a cool thing that others revere rather than a laughing stock that others take advantage of? If that's what you're saying, I'm with you.

Even our state boards and licensing testing agents seem to use us and toss us around like cash cows for their own edification. Everyone, from the manufacturers, the conulting firms, the end clients to the staffing agents make pretty pennies off of us. Its us who don't get our fair shake.

What can be done? Any ideas? :dunno:

Ed

Last edited:
I got the resort taken care of! I got the proposal back from the aventura spa palace 60 miles south of Cancun. It is $348/night for two people which includes all food, drinks and non motorized activities (snorkeling, sailing, etc..) Let me know if this is something that you really want to do. This place is adults only, so no kids. I know road guy will like that.

www.palaceresorts.com/Resorts/AventuraSpaPalace/Index.asp

I'm in. What do we do with the kids? Maybe the state boards will watch them. They can use that time to brainwash them into becoming future engineers so they can keep the ball rolling! :D

Ed

I can help open doors in China. Many Civil Engineers over there. How many more do you need to form the club? 20? hahaha. If this is meaningful org, there might be many to join. Imagine if China start buying IBC, ASD, PCI,etc. Someone will make a lot of money. All the highrises, bridges, roadways, everytime I visit there I get lost coz of new construction. Old bench marks all dissappeared. Anyone interestd in that? Who is in the bussiness of making money of China? I would like to be part of it. :engrish:

Hi Ugly, I have never heard that a female being called dog. We eat dogs. Now that one family can only have one dog policy is out, we have to fight over who is eating which dog and which one is to keep.... :jk: But the policy is real...

By the way, I am really from China, mainland. Which country are you from?

Last edited:
sorry, "Yo Dog" is just sort of a phrase like "whats up?" I wasnt implying that people from China eat dogs, we know thats only people from Vietnam (j/k)

I am from the United States of America : USA :

Imagine if China start buying IBC, ASD, PCI,etc. Someone will make a lot of money. All the highrises, bridges, roadways, everytime I visit there I get lost coz of new construction.
3gorgesdam--

I would be more interested if they started implementing environmental regulations similar to the US : USA :

That would be HUGE !!! I have been told many countries are in thier infancy as far as environmental regulation is concerned. Many environmental regulators are requested to assist other countries since we have some 20 yrs head start "oldtimer" - not that it is a good head start, but there are lessons to be learned. :claps:

I would totally expatriate myself if I could go somewhere else to make a REAL difference. From what I have read, the pollution in China , especially the water sources near population centers has become very vulnerable to pollution. I think that would be a very worth task.

:???:

Regards,

JR

sorry, "Yo Dog" is just sort of a phrase like "whats up?" I wasnt implying that people from China eat dogs, we know thats only people from Vietnam (j/k)
I am from the United States of America : USA :
Apology accepted. I would be surprised if most of you are not from the State. Anyway, I thought that is a good question to ask anyway.

JR,

Industry pollution is a big issue in developing countries like China. My understanding is China is making major efforts. That includes setting up new standards and regulations as well as policies on punishment. The new rule of one family can only have one dog is another effort to protect environment. Of course the major source of pollution is from industry operation.

One time I met a salesman on my way to China at Tokyo airport. He sells bottled water. He was very excited about that trip coz their company decided to bid on a project bringing drinking water system to Tibet. He has been to China many times to sell bottled water. Their company did thorough investigation and concluded that China doesn't have enough clean water and there is a huge market for them. He was amazed by cutting a few cent profit per bottle comparing to US market but with the amount they sold, they made trimendous amount money.

A few professors I know of have been invited to China studying impact on environment by Three Gorges Dam project. This is a good example of experts in water, environmental can be real assets there. Go for it.

:true:

That's a total of six people. We need twenty total for the group rate quoted.
Speak up if you want in! "oldtimer"
Count me in... you did say all you can eat and drink, right? They are going to lose money on that deal with me (and not on the food)!

-Ray

Latest posts

Back