Design Specifications Updates

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, I had a hard time getting this through. I had to scratch my head. Kevo came to mind.

When I kept asking people to click on the link they were posting, saying it leads to the same page as the current listing of standards and that still shows the the four 2018 onwards set of standards, I kept getting the PDFs.

No one said these 4 PDFs of the Oct 2021 standards were from the new samples and solutions book being marketed (I am assuming to be the case) even before the announcement and posting was made by NCEES. Why I kept asking my (dumb) question.

May be I missed something because I did not read every word in the post like I should on the exam questions. Leaving that aside, I don’t know if this is known to the readers. Taken from the preview of the new book because I now read every word I see anywhere
:

©

What changes were made to this edition?

Eight design standards were updated, resulting in changes to many solutions, namely afternoon essay solutions. Questions are the same as those in the previous edition (ISBN ending in 89-6).

If I have the previous edition and I have to go through the punishment of updating changes, retabbing ....why would I buy the same questions of which may be one or two PM essay questions will need some new code correction which can be a good way to learn whatever code changes there are.

I owe an apology.

I saw this:
Vertical Forces (Gravity/Other) and Incidental Lateral Component of the Structural Engineering BREADTH Exam Specifications
Effective Beginning with the April 2018 Examinations

This was the Specifications. Apparently there is no change to them in 2021 October exam. I thought nothing new has been posted. The Standards are at the very bottom. They show 2021 October.

It would have helped this dim wit if they placed a note at the top also after April 2018 ..... saying no change to specifications.

Over and done with.

Back