Death of the movie star

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will agree that a bad movie (or even an unattractive movie) is a bad movie.

Saving Private Ryan was good, but the first time I saw it, I was eating watermelon during the opening scene. Look at the red water on my plate... yeah, I think I'm done with this...

I watched several parts of Band of Brothers again over the 4th weekend. Great show, even though it's still hard to follow who is who.

Last edited by a moderator:
tom-hanks-big-robot.jpg

I mainly disliked castaway cause I just cant stand Helen Hunt, I am glad she isnt in many movies these days,, something about her just makes me want to shoot holes in my TV

I mainly disliked castaway cause I just cant stand Helen Hunt, I am glad she isnt in many movies these days,, something about her just makes me want to shoot holes in my TV
What about Lele Sobieski? They could pass for mother/daughter.

my high school freshman yr english teacher was related to her. I think cousins if i remember correctly...definitely strong family resemblance.

Uh, hello?!?! What about the cinematic masterpiece that is "Joe Versus the Volcano"? Perhaps his finest work.
LOL!!! :plusone:

So you're saying that Twister is also not on your favorites list? :lmao:

Wife dvr'd twister over the weekend so we watched that

I again was pissed at the Tornado of all Tornados not being able to suck them up when they were strapped in with a belt.

Cast Away was a good movie to watch once or twice, but now I can't stand it. I think Hanks did an awesome job on that movie. There's no dialogue for about 30 minutes and you know exactly what's going through his head. Big is another good movie. I remember some comic saying that he couldn't watch Tom Hanks in any other movie after Forest Gump, cause it reminded him of just Forest, the character, in the Green Mile being a guard, Forest in The Terminal lost at an airport, Forest with a gun on Road to Perdition. I don't know I think it was funny.

BTW, Road to Perdition was another good movie I think.

Cast Away was a good movie to watch once or twice, but now I can't stand it. I think Hanks did an awesome job on that movie. There's no dialogue for about 30 minutes and you know exactly what's going through his head. Big is another good movie. I remember some comic saying that he couldn't watch Tom Hanks in any other movie after Forest Gump, cause it reminded him of just Forest, the character, in the Green Mile being a guard, Forest in The Terminal lost at an airport, Forest with a gun on Road to Perdition. I don't know I think it was funny.
BTW, Road to Perdition was another good movie I think.
ROAD TO PERDITION SPOILER ALERT

Good movie but I call BS at the ending. Jude Law shoots Hanks from behind and blood splatters on the big window like the bullet went through. But if it did, the bullet would have also gone through the window.

I dont know about ya'll but I get sucked into watching Band of Brothers every time it comes one, but I only needed to see Saving Private Ryan once.

Band of Brothers (to me) shows how a group of individuals were thrown together to make the best of nothing and find success, every time I watch it I am just in awe of what the WWII Generation acheived oversees..

Saving Private Ryan just didnt have that same type of effect on me as band of brothers did.

Men of Honor is also one of those movies that in the back of my mind I say to myself, man I need to push myself more, when I watch that movie, also get suckered into watching it every time that its on...

Last edited by a moderator:
Band of Brothers (to me) shows how a group of individuals were thrown together to make the best of nothing and find success, every time I watch it I am just in awe of what the WWII Generation acheived oversees..
Not just overseas. I am amazed at the way the people came together for the massive industrialization and conservation programs on the home front.

Back