DC to NYC and back in a day?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are going to fly keep in mind that it takes about an hour to get from the NYC airports to Manhattan via transit.

Not to mention an hour to get through security.

edit: on the way out of DC I mean.

My 6th grade class went from NYC to DC for a day so it's definitely doable.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are going to fly keep in mind that it takes about an hour to get from the NYC airports to Manhattan via transit.

Not to mention an hour to get through security.

edit: on the way out of DC I mean.

My 6th grade class went from NYC to DC for a day so it's definitely doable.

Sometimes I forget not everyone gets priority security. Poor heathens. ;)

Say I wanted to take the train from DC to NYC, take in Times Square and some food and get back on the train to DC. Is it doable?
Just crash at my place after nyc. I have cake

As tempting as that is, I fly out the next day. I'd hate to explain to my boss and my family that I missed my plane because I got drunk in New Jersey.

Plus, you know, New Jersey.

It looks like I can make a healthy walk from Penn Station to Times Square and then over to Broadway (hello! singing waiters at that one diner) and then head on back. Like a quick hitter day.

Thanks for all the input!

I think you're crazy. Doable-yes, enjoyable- not for me.

if you are flying in to JFK, it will probably take a much time as taking the train....

You will be probably flying out either from Dulles or Reagan. Then once you get to JFK, you have to take the monorail to Jamaica station, ($5) and then you take a the subway from there to where ever...

Amtrak will dropped you off at Penn Station and you can store stuff there for a couple bucks at Amtrak luggage storage.

Train is definitely more relaxing if you can get an upgrade in First class ...empty car

The non-Acela route is $58/leg, but that adds about an hour. Acela is $100 more per leg. I like the train idea because, well, I like trains.

It's a crazy idea, but I'm not quite ready to give up on it.

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]That's why you're an engnieer, right CSB? Right? [/SIZE] :tardbang2:

Say I wanted to take the train from DC to NYC, take in Times Square and some food and get back on the train to DC. Is it doable?
Just crash at my place after nyc. I have cake

NJ, where would she sleep? The couch is taken... :poking:

Last edited by a moderator:
will you have time to go here and get me two turtle doves?

pdvd056.jpg

Back