CT - PE Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can somebody confirm this, does our results are mailed by NCEES or PCS? I did talk to one of a girl from my office, who took the last year april exam. She said, she recieved just a simple letter from NCEES saying Pass and later she recieved the package from CT DCP for licensing and further information. Does anybody has any information regarding this?
I just called PCS to ask and the customer service told me the same stupid thing " it will take 12-14 weeks to release the results" . We do not have any other choice, we have to wait.
I called the CT Engineering Board. They said that PCS received the results and they should mail it to everyone within a week and half.
You made me want to call the NJ board........this is very frustrating

That's really rediculous. They gonna sit on the results for week and a half? what the heck are they doing, are they reanalyzing the test or what? freakin PCS.

That's really rediculous. They gonna sit on the results for week and a half? what the heck are they doing, are they reanalyzing the test or what? freakin PCS.
I agree and just don't understand why the boards keep using them. Also, I hate their canned response

I wonder if they are just a lot cheaper than having NCEES do the whole kit n kaboodle? It makes no sense otherwise - why would you use a less friendly, less efficient, less logical program unless it was A LOT cheaper?

PCS really s*cks! I emailed them last week and asked if they gotten results from NCEES yet and when letter would go out, there response was, "the board has 90 days from the exam date to send results"

its almost a complete joke, the process certain states use.

Can we complain about this anywhere or anybody? Does the PCS has any evaluation?
With low efficiency and poor customer service, I really don't understand how PCS can sustain in business??
Because they've convinced someone at DCP they are a good value for the money.

Or, more than likely, the founder of PCS has a brother in the state congress...

But I'll definitely be writing to complain. It's not like PCS is doing the whole evaluation. You paperwork was reviewed by the board, not PCS. My understanding is that PCS was just the test administrator. So, PCS must be hiring the cheapest people they can for the proctors, thus making the administration of the exam cheaper that what NCEES charges.

This is now posted on the PCS website:

"SCORES WILL BE RELEASED APPROXIMATELY 12 WEEKS AFTER THE EXAMINATION DATE. DO NOT CONTACT EES OR YOUR STATE BOARD REGARDING SCORE RELEASE. SCORES WILL BE SENT BY U.S. POSTAL SERVICE ONLY TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDED. SCORES WILL NOT BE RELEASED VIA TELEPHONE, EMAIL, OR FAX. "

Apparently they don't enjoy all the calls from us. Now, if only they could justify why it takes so much longer for them to send out a piece of mail than most other States, that would be interesting to read.

NCEES was able to organize, sort, grade and check EVERY exam in 7 weeks - now it will take PCS 5 weeks to mail us (only a few States) the results which were provided to them - I'd love for someone to explain that.

Although there is a funny post in "shoot the breeze" called "A few good engineers" which I'd recommend to all for a chuckle.

someone posted this in "the waiting really stinks" topic:

PA is PCS state as well and the latest response from PCS is they were stuffing letters friday and monday to go out. so could be the same for CT.

I would have to assume that they send out all the States together... so it might be next week...

I spoke with the CT Board rep today and she stated the results will be mailed out on Friday or Monday. :dancingnaughty:

Atleast that's a good news, so we don't have to wait for another month to get the results. Thanks for updates "Ona" as well as "rls"

That woman (Barbara) should be sainted :holyness: for taking all of our calls - she's the only one that deals with this at the CT office as far as I know.

So that's just going to make this the worse weekend, knowing that next week I'll find out if I passed...

I think I'd rather not have known... ;)

I believe if you plug your name into CT's license look up, they now state if your license is active. I plugged in a bunch of numbers (in the 27000 range) and alot are coming up "active" as of 6-8-10.

Mine, still says pending per "exam", so I'm not hopeful I passed it. ****!!!!

I believe if you plug your name into CT's license look up, they now state if your license is active. I plugged in a bunch of numbers (in the 27000 range) and alot are coming up "active" as of 6-8-10.
Mine, still says pending per "exam", so I'm not hopeful I passed it. ****!!!!
I took the PLS test and mine still says pending exam however I came home today to find out I PASSED! So don't get bummed out, I think the pending board approval might be for new applicants for October going thru the first step.

Finally, the long awaited results are here. I recieved the Pass letter from PCS today.

Good luck to everybody, who are awaiting the results.

CTsurv, you were right. I came home to a letter from PCS... I PASSED! Structural I, done and done!

Best of luck to everyone! :bananalama:

Back