Creating NCEES Record

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoniaP

Reaction score
Anyone recently applied for a NCEES Record? I am a little confused about the Reference form. I have been with my company for more than 5 years and all my references are my colleagues. So in the column where it says First Engagement (From/To) should it be the 5 yrs for all the references or do I split my experience - one year/reference for five separate engagements? Please advise. Thanks in advance!

records ref form.pdf

Attachments

• records ref form.pdf
    47.1 KB · Views: 39
I have. And all your references should be putting in the specific amount of time they've worked with you (i.e. mm/yy - "present" or something of that nature). Which theoretically would probably be the full amount of time you've worked there (for each reference, not split). I believe "other engagements" could be reserved for instances where you may have worked with the same person and that person had been at 2 different companies.

I actually just got mine this month. What Knight1fox3 said. I actually had one reference where I had worked with at two different companies.

And yes, it is OK if they overlap. Most of mine all came from the same company covering the same time period. I imagine it's pretty common. Also, the people at NCEES are really helpful if you ever need to ask them question. Not that we mind either, of course.

They should overlap, unless you're only counting specifically your direct supervisor at every location you worked. For my 5, three of them left to other companies after 2-3 years and the other two started my second year.

Back