CPM problem

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chess5329

Reaction score
I hope everybody is doing well with the study.......I' would also ask if somedody can help me with this CPM problem (see attachment).

1.Find TF

2.Find FF

Feel free to add any other question that can arise for this type of problem:

as " how many crewa can work without interfere with asnother one?"

Thanks in advance for your help

I hope everybody is doing well with the study.......I' would also ask if somedody can help me with this CPM problem (see attachment).
1.Find TF

2.Find FF

Sorry, the attachment ddin't go through.....is taking more than the allowed space....going to check something different!

CPM3.doc

1.Find TF

2.Find FF

Sorry, the attachment ddin't go through.....is taking more than the allowed space....going to check something different!

I think this will work!

CPM3.doc
1.Find TF

2.Find FF

I think this will work!

I tried working your problem, see of the attached PDF helps.

CPM_Problem.pdf

Attachments

• CPM_Problem.pdf
    26.7 KB · Views: 291
CPM3.doc
1.Find TF

2.Find FF

I think this will work!

Thanks, this helps. Regarding the 2nd part........what other type of questions you think can be develop from this problem?

Attachments

• CPM3.doc
    112 KB · Views: 277
CPM3.doc
1.Find TF

2.Find FF

I think this will work!

Thanks, this helps. Regarding the 2nd part........what other type of questions you think can be develop from this problem?
You may be asked "How will the project be affected if there is a lag at a certain activity?". This will probably require another forward pass.

You may be asked "what is the critical path?".

You may be asked "what type of relationship is present between activities (Finish Start Relationship is in the examply that you posted)?"

If you a give cost, you may be asked "which activity should you "Crash" First to reduce project duration ?" (Hint: Start by crashing the cheapest activity on the critical path)

You may even be asked about Independent float of an activity (still learning this one, I saw it in a book that I am studying and had no clue about it when i first read it)

This is an example of a question that can't possibly be asked unless you're given a specific productivity factor... No one in the real world *knows* how much productivity is lost through the stacking of trades or increase in crew size.

Back