Construction material for test

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am planning on taking the CM PE in Oct and was looking for some additional material for construction estimating. I found a SEABEE PLANNER'S AND ESTIMATOR'S HANDBOOK online. I have not taken the PE yet but seems like a great additional resource for the exam.
link is below...

Chad

http://www.everyspec.com/USN/NAVY+(General...C_P_-_405_5425/
Was it helpful in Oct PE Exam?
I took the construction exam in April and October. I looked at the manual briefly and I think the only real benificial part would be the scheduling, but you can find that in most any reference book. My recommendation is not to take too much...I studied "too much" in April, I had every book imaginable and new the information. When I went to the test and I saw a problem I immediately knew where a similar problem was and would go find it. I spent too much time looking and not enough time doing the actual problems. In October I did the opposite and I think it went really well...we shall see in a few days!

I am planning on taking the CM PE in Oct and was looking for some additional material for construction estimating. I found a SEABEE PLANNER'S AND ESTIMATOR'S HANDBOOK online. I have not taken the PE yet but seems like a great additional resource for the exam.
link is below...

Chad

http://www.everyspec.com/USN/NAVY+(General...C_P_-_405_5425/
Was it helpful in Oct PE Exam?
I took the construction exam in April and October. I looked at the manual briefly and I think the only real benificial part would be the scheduling, but you can find that in most any reference book. My recommendation is not to take too much...I studied "too much" in April, I had every book imaginable and new the information. When I went to the test and I saw a problem I immediately knew where a similar problem was and would go find it. I spent too much time looking and not enough time doing the actual problems. In October I did the opposite and I think it went really well...we shall see in a few days!

Agreed...great real world reference for my day to day job. Did not use it for the exam. I had other references recommended by NCEES and was overloaded with those. I just decided not to burden myself with more. BTW..good luck

C

my two cents.

Well I took the test for the first time in California Oct 2010, I review for the general test, but I did not study.

I sudied seismic and Surveying, but apperentaly did not study well enough. I did not pass any test.

I did not have many of the references during the general test and there could have been questions about those references.

my sugestion is to get as many as you can afford out of those nine listed in the NCEES for construction.

I am guessing there is going to be at least one question per reference. do the math and plan to score very high in the morning just in case you can not afford some of the books.

and some of those books are not easy to get familiar for example the NDS therefore, manage your time well studing the basics.

One question for StaceyG

Did you pass this time?

my two cents.
Well I took the test for the first time in California Oct 2010, I review for the general test, but I did not study.

I sudied seismic and Surveying, but apperentaly did not study well enough. I did not pass any test.

I did not have many of the references during the general test and there could have been questions about those references.

my sugestion is to get as many as you can afford out of those nine listed in the NCEES for construction.

I am guessing there is going to be at least one question per reference. do the math and plan to score very high in the morning just in case you can not afford some of the books.

and some of those books are not easy to get familiar for example the NDS therefore, manage your time well studing the basics.

One question for StaceyG

Did you pass this time?
I DID!!! WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

my two cents.

One question for StaceyG

Did you pass this time?

Congrats@ StaceyG

You know I think that you can find multiple resources with the same information. The Goswami All in One or the CERM are equal to at least the NDS and the Steel manual..and probably a few more.

C

Back