Comm/SCADA Electrical Engineer (Power) - TX

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cableguy

Has never sniffed a stink bug
Reaction score
I'm trying to help my former boss fill my old position. Here's the job description:

http://www.brazoselectric.com/hrjobs/get8.asp?ID=158

It's a techy / hands on type engineering position. Can't be afraid to grab a soldering iron, RJ45 crimper, or voltmeter and start doing work yourself. Must be willing to get dirty to get the job done. ;) It can be really varied - working on routers and firewalls one day, troubleshooting Windows 2003 servers the next, designing the layout and installing surveillance systems the next. Need to be familiar with SCADA systems, but really I think he's looking for someone with solid IP network design experience with a "turn me loose, I'll get it done" attitude no matter what the job (which is how I work). The network design will also roll over in to the microwave and (hopefully some day) an MPLS system. PE is not required.

Job is in Waco TX. PM me if you have questions. I'm still with the company, I transferred to a different department because after so many years of doing SCADA, I wanted to do something a little different (I'm now in system protection & relaying / design).

I'm 99% sure US Citizenship is required, a 7 year background check is for sure required, and they do pre-employment drug screening and random tests while employed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back