College Football 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, DV. I would like to see Ingram match up against the PSU defense.
Honestly, I really would like BAMA to light up the sky, throwing balls everywhere.
It may pan out that way.

PSU is returning a great defensive core, but the corners are new and young. Bama' will probably have success throwing the ball, you may get your wish.

PSU is underway, and 3rd quarter just started, PSU returned the kick-off 101 yards. Was a very rough 1st half for Penn State. First time JoePA ever started a freshman at quarterback for a season. That freshman will have to grow up alot by next week.
BAMA opened up with 3 straight passes to Julio Jones. I liked that. Then they ran down SJSU's throat. Definitely gave PSU things to plan for.

Virginia Tech should be embarrassed for losing that game last night. Their pass defense was atrocious. Boise State should not be the #3 ranked team, and I don't think they'll be there long. Unless Virginia Tech steamrolls the competition for the rest of the year and Boise pulls out some serious style points, their run for a BCS Championship bid is over.

about half (or more) of these games this past weekend shouldnt even count,, congrats to the teams that didnt play cupcakes!

Well Clemson's first game was a disappointment.
Thats one word for it.

RW, I fully expect GT to put up at least 600 yards against us. You heard it here first.

Agreed. Our freaking defense better get their asses in gear and start playing or we need to plan on another 6-6 season. I hope our linebackers realize they don't have CJ to bail them out of their allowing 10 yards per carry against a freaking sunbelt team. Pathetic and not the start I was hoping for.

Virginia Tech should be embarrassed for losing that game last night. Their pass defense was atrocious. Boise State should not be the #3 ranked team, and I don't think they'll be there long. Unless Virginia Tech steamrolls the competition for the rest of the year and Boise pulls out some serious style points, their run for a BCS Championship bid is over.

Not to take anything away from Boise State, but the refs made some seriously atrocious calls in the last 2 mins of the game last night and totally screwed over VT.

First they call a block-in-the-back on Boise during the punt return and then inexplicably take the call back. Then they call a late hit on VT's db because apparently he should have known the receiver running down the sideline had taken a step out of bounds half a second before he hit him. The icing on the cake was the pass-interference no-call on the last play when VT was going for the comeback. Apparently, the db was allowed to rape the receiver because he turned his head in the direction of the ball at the last second.

Not to mention the fact that Kirk Herbstreet was practically blowing the entire Boise State team the entire game. I always knew that dude was a fruitcake ever since I saw him at the Biggest Cocktail Party in the World with a pink drink in his hand.

Virginia Tech should be embarrassed for losing that game last night. Their pass defense was atrocious.

Yeah, but it looked like VaTech thought their defense could win it for them.

They got conservative at the end like they were up 7-3 or something.

Then they call a late hit on VT's db because apparently he should have known the receiver running down the sideline had taken a step out of bounds half a second before he hit him.
That's the one that really pissed me off. He barely catches the guys feet, comes in about half a second late, and the guy started running again after the whistle. You bet your ass I would have made that same play.

I'll agree with you on that last one, too. He was not making a play for the ball. Apparently all you need to do is look towards the QB before you knock someone down in order for it not to be pass interference.

I'm pretty sure Bama is going to steamroll PSU regardless of who the running back is. Sorry DV, but Bama might as well be a professional team at this point.
I don't know if Bama can handle Penn State's BIG 10 SPEED, though.

Yeah, the same Big 10 speed that Penn State used to beat LSU in the bowl game last year. :D

Are we going to start the Big10 / SEC thing this soon already? Every year its the same thing.

And if we go back to last year's college football thread, I'm sure we'd see where everyone said what a sham of a match up it was going to be because Ohio State couldn't hang with Oregon's SPEED in the Rose Bowl (Ohio state won easily) and that IOWA was WAY TOO SLOW for the fast attack of Georgia Tech (IOWA win), or that Wisconsin was too slow to hang with MIAMI hurricane's in that bowl game (Wisc win).

Of course I know Alabama is not LSU, but It's obvious to anyone that Bama should outclass Penn State this weekend in every category on paper. PSU will have to show up and play the game of their lives to pull it off, but that's why you play the games. If it were decided on paper, we'd be done here.

'Bama would already be given this year's title too.

but what fun would that be?

Ohio State is also stacked this year. Will be interesting, I don't think Harris is as good a QB as the media makes him out to be. Pryor over Harris anyday, IMO.

It sure as hell wasn't 'speed' that beat Penn State's ass. It was hard nosed running the football. Bama beat PSU at the Big 10's own game.

'speed' was not a factor in that game. A freshman QB that choked continuously in the Red Zone had alot to do with it.

Bama is just freakin' stacked. Should be an interesting year for them.

Penn State has their work cut out for them this season, many tough games left. and my Mountaineers barely pulled one out. My nerves were shot after that game on Friday.

Back