Civil PE results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pokadoros

Reaction score
I see a lot of discussion about passing or not. My question aims a little higher. Has anyone ever achieved 80/80 or 100% on the civil PE exam? If most states give individual just a pass/fail score or anyway the don't post publicly grades can anyone prove that he did that well?

ps. By the way, the pass letter is enough for me. :true:

I would assume yes someone has gotten a perfect score. Either through shear dumb luck or extreme brains I would have to assume someone has.

I would be willing to bet that there's been a rare person here or there from MIT that pulled it off, but they probably will never see management because of their lack of social skills. I see that sort of thing all the time - but there are the few exceptions to what I have normally seen coming out of school.

I probably got a perfect score in April, but since they don't give the test scores to passing results you will just have to take my delusions at face value :BK:

I probably got a perfect score in April, but since they don't give the test scores to passing results you will just have to take my delusions at face value :BK:
me too

I would be willing to bet that there's been a rare person here or there from MIT that pulled it off, but they probably will never see management because of their lack of social skills. I see that sort of thing all the time - but there are the few exceptions to what I have normally seen coming out of school.
That's real true. My boss at my first job out of college was most technically competent engineer I've ever worked with. He knew stuff way outside his discipline - mechanical, electrical, plumbing, construction, etc. But he could barely match his socks.

My boss now is not as technically proficient, but he's still real sharp, and handles employees, clients, marketing, etc. better.

It's probably a good thing that they don't tell you your score. Can you imagine having to listen to some obnoxious, socially-inept geek bragging about his perfect score on the PE? Especially if he took it before you, and you are still waiting on your results? Talk about a recipe for cold blooded murder.

Needless to say, I'm not one who would ever get a perfect score. Passing, maybe.

actually, I seem to remeber some "common sense" type questions that would be beyond an MIT grad's grasp. :lol2x:

Had a professor in college who scored a 96 on the Electrical PE exam. He had a certificate hanging on his wall, acknowledging his accomplishment.

That's real true. My boss at my first job out of college was most technically competent engineer I've ever worked with. He knew stuff way outside his discipline - mechanical, electrical, plumbing, construction, etc. But he could barely match his socks.
My boss now is not as technically proficient, but he's still real sharp, and handles employees, clients, marketing, etc. better.
My last boss refered to many engineers as "head up" or "head down."

Good firms had a "head up" guy to deal with clients and a "head down" guy to really put pen to paper.

Good firms had a "head up" guy to deal with clients and a "head down" guy to really put pen to paper.
That's an interesting way of phrasing it. One guy makes the client happy (a full time job) while the other guy churns out plans.

That's kinda how my boss and I try to operate. He does the marketing, contracts, meetings, billing, etc. and has me doing a lot of the day-to-day technical stuff.

My last boss refered to many engineers as "head up" or "head down."
I like that too. It seems like the higher up you go, the more "head up" you have to be. I'm usually stuck in the office while my boss is out with clients. He hates it, but that's the way it is. I think he's waiting for me to get my PE and then I'll have to do more of that.

I'm def. the head up guy. Not great at the head down thing in comparison
you and me both.....AND, we can't seem to get past this PE exam thing, wonder if there's any correlation? I'm guessing there is! :resp

ah, worked for an MIT grad, try married to one. met in ug and she went on to get her grad in OE from mit. :true:

Back